• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Healing Beam help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello.

I'd like to ask if someone could help me with this trigger.

I made this trigger for a Bishop unit for my map.

The Rejuvenation has 999999 seconds to it. I want to know how to remove that after the "drain mana" ability is interrupted or canceled or stopped.

healing beam
Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to healing beam
Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Remove All buffs from (Target unit of ability being cast)

Level 5
i think (a unit stop casting event = a unit stop channeling ) and its possible via Unit group put all of the units who has that Buff and simply call it whenever a unit stop casting the Mana drain and you can control the mana drain target by using a simple cast event and save the target of casting unit to the caster`s handle in a hashtable

Level 8
Are you trying to create a Reverse Life Drain Healing Spell? Weep explains how to do this without triggers in the thread I've linked but I'll copy his post here just to save some time (that and you can't quote a post in a locked thread [-___- ] ):

Weep said:
OK, first, you don't need negative values - by default, if Drain is cast on an ally, it will transfer health TO the target, FROM the caster. It's just that, by default, it's not allowed to be cast on an ally. To get it to work:

1. Be sure Gameplay - Drain Transfers Life is set to True in the Gameplay Constants for your map.
2. The spell must have a non-zero "Drain - Life Transferred Per Second".
3. The target must not be at full health.

Last edited:
Level 6
Are you trying to create a Reverse Life Drain Healing Spell? Weep explains how to do this without triggers in the thread I've linked but I'll copy his post here just to save some time (that and you can't quote a post in a locked thread [-___- ] ):

No need, not helpful at all. Life Drain doesn't work on allies, tried everything.
Thanks for trying though.

ILH got me covered.

Level 7
Welp, if you go to Map Options and set an option to Melee(Last patch) you can use Life drain on allies. I'm not on the PC, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Is in one of the tabs when you go to change your map description

Level 8
No need, not helpful at all. Life Drain doesn't work on allies, tried everything.
Thanks for trying though.

ILH got me covered.

Life Drain doesn't work on allies because "Gameplay - Drain Transfers Life" is set to false by default. To make it work on allies, you just have to set it to true and set the ability's field, "Data - Life Transferred Per Second" to the amount of HP you want to transfer (as Weep's method explains). You can take his solution a step further and make Life Drain unable to target enemies by setting its "Data - Hit Points Drained" to zero.

P.S.: What's ILH? o_O

Level 6
Life Drain doesn't work on allies because "Gameplay - Drain Transfers Life" is set to false by default. To make it work on allies, you just have to set it to true and set the ability's field, "Data - Life Transferred Per Second" to the amount of HP you want to transfer (as Weep's method explains). You can take his solution a step further and make Life Drain unable to target enemies by setting its "Data - Hit Points Drained" to zero.

P.S.: What's ILH? o_O
I already turned Data - Life Transferred Per Second. I tried negative values, it just doesn't target allies.

Level 6
You're really not listening. He is not talking about "Life transferred per second". Just do exactly what he say.
I am listening, otherwise I wouldn't have made a trigger to make the Healing Beam spell. Before I made this thread I made sure to look for another thread that had Life Drain in reverse. It just doesn't target allies in my map.

upload_2017-8-4_14-41-8.png

Level 8
I know this is already solved but I'd just like to clarify one last thing for others who happen to come across this issue.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.