• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HawkStriderRider

Mounted Units for Bloodelves. Skeleton based on Gluma's Lizard Raptor Rider. Just never really seen a hawkstrider mounted unit here so I tried to make one for myself.

28th December 2020:
General Frank: I fixed the fault geoset animation problem.
Contents

Hawk Strider Rider (fixed) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I don't care for Blood Elves, but I've said it before & I'll say it again: I love to see people using good custom animations instead of constantly re-using the in-game ones. This model section could be so much more varied & interesting!

Thanks.

Level 10
Nice idea! Though there are som
e serious flaws. First, his legs. They are very, veeery tall for a human.
Hmm ok I see. Minor nitpicking, but that's an elf not a human though yes, I do think it's very tall for an elf. I'll see what I can do.

Second, the face looks somehow weird.
Looooool yes. I tried to differentiate it from the dragonhawk model by rewrapping the eyes to make it more squinty and narrower but I wasn't always sure if that was the right call. I'll see if I can use a different head or add some helmets and whatnot to differentiate it.

Third, there are some really visible stretching in certain animations, mostly in attack ones.
Those are from the original Lizard Raptor Model by Gluma but decided to keep some of it for because of squash and stretch and exaggeration. I'll see if I can make them less visible though those animations are fast so I didn't think they were.

That one has better design and animations as well, which are from wow I think.

Hawkstrider - Wc3C.net

Oh wow I've never seen that before lol. Probably because I'm almost always only searching on this site. Although I think the model itself is good, the walk animation of the legs look too mechanical than organic; the lancer isn't moving very much so it seems like he was just pasted there; and finally the wings weren't animated. I know they're not suppose to fly but even chickens and ducks move their wings from time to time so it feels somewhat inorganic.

This is great! Any plans for a High Elven version down the line?
Sure. It's just changing the texture from the FT texture to the RoC texture.

Level 15
No one is mentioning those raptor legs. Are you gonna change their texture into yellow one with brown claws or something like that?

Level 21
Sadly something is malfunctioning with death/decay animations.
The textures weirdly stretch out to nearby units.

edit: nevermind, i still used the old and faulty version, thanks to General Frank for the fix!

Last edited: