• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having your own loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Both that thread and that program make low quality (512x512) loading screens.

There is an other way (not sure if it still works) that allows you to have high quality ones (1024x768).
Which is making a 1024x768 image, then to crop it into 4 parts etc.
Which takes about three times as much space (but with the new 8mb limit that's not so bad).

Level 13
Both that thread and that program make low quality (512x512) loading screens.

There is an other way (not sure if it still works) that allows you to have high quality ones (1024x768).
Which is making a 1024x768 image, then to crop it into 4 parts etc.
Which takes about three times as much space (but with the new 8mb limit that's not so bad).
Yes it can be done and it works now too
can you give me a tutorial about it?

Level 17
The high quality one and even the loading bars one is in a link in my tutorial.

Yeh, +rep to you for making that awesome tutorial.
I once saw a tutorial about it but lost it and forgot how to do it. But your tutorial helped me to see how it's done again. :p

Imo, everybody should use that way. I just hate blurry loading screens.

EDIT: Alien95, here is the link to two high quality loading screens.
One by Aesthetics (if he is SFilip) and one for the hive.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36757
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/custom-loading-screen-tutorial-v1-5-a-7927/

I like blurry/low quality loading screens but faster dl more than slow dl and high quality loading screen. Depending on how complex your maps are you don't even have the time to properly look at the loading screen, unless some 90s guy is loading for half 'n hour.
Sorry for going offtopic, but I thought I'll let you know that HQ isn't everything (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.