• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Having trouble firing a trigger with a reusable item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a chargeless item that can be used but I can't seem to run a trigger when it's used, nothing happens. I've tried having the event on item use and also when the ability is used to no avail. The actions on their own when triggered otherwise work fine, I feel like it's an object editor issue but i'm not sure.

Level 13
You mean if the Chargeless Item when use it, the item will be remove?

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Item Silence
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Staff of Silence) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Staff of Silence)
        • Else - Actions

Level 6
no, there isn't an issue with the actions, it's just that the event never occurs. I can't get it to trigger when the item is used. what ability should I be using on the item for a blank effect?

Level 6
that is my trigger. could you tell me a base active item i can modify to have no effect? because my current item isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.