• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having Tenchincle Difficulties.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have just finished recreating my skin for one of my units and used wc3 viewer to convert the .bmp into a .blp and then i remap the textures and load my new skin.. Looks Great!! Only problem is wc3 viewer won't let me save or extract my unit so i have no way of saving the skin..

Sooooo i went on to war3modeleditor.. Only problem here is i can't make it past step 1... I try loading the skin for my unit after removing the original one and what!!! I get nothing but a skinless model and it won't load my skin!

Can someone please help me out by telling me how I can load my skin and either save or extract my model with either of these programs! Thanks.

Level 3
Sorry but that honestly didn't fix my problem and i give my skin an alpha channel with wc3viewer when I load it in wc3viewer.. There are 2 ways someone could fix my problem here..
If someone could please tell me how to extract my custom model with my new skin from wc3viewer so it can be saved...
Or if someone can tell me how to upload a skin properly with the wc3modeleditor because when i try my unit is naked.

Level 3
there are certain skins that load as nothing in Gimp when they .tga and this is one of them! And when I load my skin in wc3viewer it asks if i want to give it an alpha channel or something and i say yes and it load perfectly.. Only problem is, wc3viewer doesn't let me extract my .mdx even b4 i remapped the textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.