• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having Saving Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok so I'm starting back up on updating Spore but when I save it pops up with a window showing things like "Invalid for Specified Operator" "Expected endif" "Expected a name" and "Expected a Function Name" thus rendering my map unplayable (When I try to play it there are no Players slots) I need immediate help. I've been working on the bugs for 3 days now and it just started screwing up. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!:cry:

Attachments

• Oh Shit.JPG
    Oh Shit.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 82
Level 7
Well I had this happen once...for some reason I had to delete a region I just created, in a GUI triggering map (just fyi) and it let me save. BUT if your doing a JASS script it means you have entered errors in your JASS script (hehe im a beginner at JASS so I know this =p)

Level 2
Well I had this happen once...for some reason I had to delete a region I just created, in a GUI triggering map (just fyi) and it let me save. BUT if your doing a JASS script it means you have entered errors in your JASS script (hehe im a beginner at JASS so I know this =p)

Yes well just to tell you, I'm a noob at this completely and I'm getting help from my friends and other maps right now. 80% of the triggers in there though I figuired out while I was messing around. JASS and GUI are both things I do not know. It's not a complicated game and thus its pretty bare. But I'll try that region thing, thanks anyway.

Level 7
JASS and GUI are just different ways to program Wc3 maps
(To my knowlege this is it-)

GUI- The normal programming- the EVENT, CONDITION, and ACTION options with like a scroll bar of options. (I use this one the most)

JASS: Uses functions like "Function VariableName takes nothing returns nothing" and stuff like this. (Sorry if I screwed this up JASS people!)

If your a beginner your probably using GUI, I think its easier.

And to add something to try.... I would Delete a region- try saving- if it doesnt work still hit CTRL + z to undo the region being removed

Status
Not open for further replies.