• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having a few problems... Im new to skining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Um i jsut finished what i hope will be a skin you all like but forsome reason when i tried to load it in the WE it didnt load properly... could someone help me out? Ide rellay appreciate it. I know Im using the correct file ext... but its still not reading it right.

Level 2
Yes. I took the necromancer blp and converted it to tga. I then edited it and converted it back to blp under the new file name Necromancer2.blp

It seems to be trying to load it... but its loading itup... i think i might have possibly messed up when i made the skin somehow...

Level 2
ok the problem was that i used a firent file name...

The skin looked good but i needed to do some shading, and alil more work. After i finished doing all of this I imported it again.. But now its giving me a red model.

Level 2
Curously is there anyway to remove certain things in a model though skins?

the ear on a BM are not on some fo the human skins for instance...

Specifically i was wondering id the batwings on my necromancer could be erased all togeather.

Also how do you make a skin from scratch? I mean how do you make a skin compeltely from nothing? And then how does the model know how to read the skin correctly to put it on the model?

Level 13
1. Yes, it's called alphaing. Do a search on this forum for more info about it, it's been discussed too many times before.

2. You can't. A skin is the flesh of a model, it makes the model look like something. The model itself is just a colorless frame, the skin goes around it to look like something.

3. A model is unwrapped, so certain coordinates on a skin are set to certain parts of the model.

Level 10
So you need help on alphaing?

Wna know about it?
Wna know how?
Wna know how to remove "Alpha"?

Well here it is:

Wna know about it

Alpha means that you remove a part of the skin(making it invisible, or transparent.

Wna know how

First go to channels in your program, guess the channel's called Current Mask or just mask. Then choose the darkest black with no transparency or soft egdes.

Level 6
Was the color red or just white? If it was red, it's team color, the most motherf*****' bastard of them all when it comes to alphaing. And it looks real ugly too. Save all the trouble, go see a modeler and maybe he'll delete the parts you want to have deleted :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.