• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Haunted Castle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This castle was once a bastion of the Light, but the plague transformed its inhabitants into undead. You start in the nearby countryside and have to fight your way through the castle to reach your oponent. It has many bosses, though it is not necesarry to kill them to reach and fight your oponent. The tileset is an odd combination of underground and village fall.

The castle has several areas that i like to name:
-The countryside: starting point for both players on oposite ends of the castle, contains all the resourses and most of the shops in the map. Infested with undead and bandits.
-The prison: the entire east side of the castle is a giant prison filled with demons and undead, contains 7 bosses, 3 for player 1, and 4 for player 2 (though both players can kill them)
-The plagueworks: a necromancer commanding a small army of skeletons and abominations is found here; the necromancer is the first boss that player 1 would encounter
-The library: it is a ghost infested area with the librarian as a boss; it is the second boss that player 1 would encounter
-The mechanicals: a place filled with golems and elevators controlled by a goblin engineer; it is the first boss that player 2 would encounter
-The center tower: the final boss resides arround the center of the map, a pit lord surrounded by 2 portals that spawn demons at certain time durring the fight. Behind the pit lord is a key which opens a gate leading to a place filled with tomes and artifacts. A sort of "reward" for the one who killed the pit lord.
-The lake: at the west side of the map is a lake, making an alternative for players to reach eachother (they can buy boats) without braving the castle at all.

Big thanks to Tranquil for the walls and towers, DTuGuR for the middle tower, DarkChaplain for the Dwarf Statue and Red Baron for the loading screen.

Map uploaded

Walls revamped, minor terrain fixes

Some small fixes and balancing

Note: I know that some triggers have leaks, i tried fixing them, didn't really work. The leaks don't affect the gameplay at all so there really shouldn't be a problem. I also know there are some bugs but i really hope that this won't bother people too much. Indeed there is an empty area in the east, i have some ideas about it but i can't implement them due to the tree/destructible limit.

Keywords:
Haunted, Ghost, Undead, Castle, Prison
Contents

Haunted Castle (Map)

Reviews
09:59, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 6
AHHH too lengthy!
Use a few BB Codes to seperate the wall of text. Please?

Also, please explain:
Created by Unknown ; Uploaded by: andreioplst

Try map options in WE!

EDIT:

Idea is very cool and original, and I will give you rep for that!
Really epic!

But unfortunately map quality is poor!
I will give you 2 main problems, errors:

1st. Bad placed doodads:
Some castle walls are bad placed, we can see empty space between two walls that should be placed each next to other!

2nd. Pathing Ground
You need to place pathing blocker everywhere on unwalkable ground! Why, because summon spells, teleports, flying units and blink like abilities can move units across it!
Examples:
Undead Gargoyle can turn into stone and land on cliff!
Night Elf Hero can blink to cliff for example!
Summon Water elemental can summon unit at the other side of pathing blocker if hero stand near it!

Level 4
Really? Wow, the map got a better review than i expected it. But unfourtunantelly it's a bit hard to repair that (i blame the guy who made them), and i can't really put the pathing blockers because of the tree/destructible limit (they seem to count togheter, the tree/destructibles and pathing blockers). At the moment i can only put a couple or so of tree/destructibles because of that. I could put a trigger so that units that enter there get teleported out but i don't think it's the correct answer.

Edit:
I think i found an alternative to those walls, testing it now.

Level 4
I'm fixing some of that in this new version i'm making. Will be done in half an hour or so.

Edit:
Here it is, improved and more castle-ish, version 2! There's still some problems to be solved but this is at least a temporary solution.

Last edited:
Level 6
a nice melle map ,but it has lacks like not good placed wals etc 3/5 + rep fornice idea, but i give u 1 help ,try give the items to mobs drop not only been on ground
becouse players can hide or something and steal all items and run away

[ you will find it in OBJECT editor]