• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hashtables bugged or outdated?

Level 6
Hello I've been years away from hive, just started anew, so I am using JNPG and was following a tutorial for hashtables from here Hashtables and MUI

But this option simply doesn't exist:
  • Hashtable - Save 10.00 as 0 of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in hashTable
And it is exactly what I need to make my HoT Spell. The closest I find is Key(String)Target unit of ability being cast, but this gets overwritten on the 2nd unit, and the spell doesnt work for more than 1 unit at a time. Will appreciate any help, thanks.

PS: Where is DR super GOOD? : D

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
It exists:
1695053264321.png

You need to get the Handle (id) of an object.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok I just tested on my other pc with reforged world editor and it exists there. But When I go back to my JNPG patch like 1.26 or so, this option doesn't exist. If I click "Handle" There aren't any functions, there is only the option to select a variable of type handle. Any idea why would that happen? Is my JNPG bugged?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Ok I just tested on my other pc with reforged world editor and it exists there. But When I go back to my JNPG patch like 1.26 or so, this option doesn't exist. If I click "Handle" There aren't any functions, there is only the option to select a variable of type handle. Any idea why would that happen? Is my JNPG bugged?
I don't know, it's probably just an incompatible version.

Level 6
I see, thanks for help, I will try re-install, hopefully that fixes it. I'm not sure what version of JNPG I have. If anyone else has other ideas to fix this, I'll also gladly hear them.

Level 6
That's pretty sad, reforged editor crashes often and doesnt support VJASS, otherwise seems a bit improved(Some new weird terms as well).
So I use either 1.26 or JNPG. Actually I might have found a workaround, switching between 1.26(Hashtables not bugged there) and JNPG : D
Or I'll try converting to custom text, since I remember re-installing JNPG is a pain.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That's pretty sad, reforged editor crashes often and doesnt support VJASS, otherwise seems a bit improved(Some new weird terms as well).
So I use either 1.26 or JNPG. Actually I might have found a workaround, switching between 1.26(Hashtables not bugged there) and JNPG : D
Or I'll try converting to custom text, since I remember re-installing JNPG is a pain.
It supports vJass although JassHelper is disabled by default (simply enable it in the Trigger Editor). Also, the crashes tend to be related to imported HD assets. I recommend saving the map as a folder (another nice feature of newer versions) and managing your imported assets outside of the editor.

Level 6
Oh didnt know that. Nice then. About the crash - i was doing basic stuff in object editor i think, but dont remember what exactly.

Level 18
Since JNGP is based on an old version of the World Editor, you get that problem with hashtables in GUI. A workaround would be to set an integer variable to the handle id of the unit and then use the integer variable as the key.
  • Set TargetVariable = (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Custom script: set udg_MyKeyVariable = GetHandleId(udg_TargetVariable)
  • Hashtable - Save 10.00 as 0 of MyKeyVariable in hashTable