• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hashtable gamecach... can't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I tried to store my hero to the next level of my test campaign and wen I try to save the map he crash and the problem lies in this line:
call SaveGameCacheHandleBJ( udg_TestCampaign, 1, 0, udg_TestHashTable )
udg_TestCampaign = created game cache
udg_TestHashTable = created hashtable

I tried to use hashtable since the Save game Cache was removed by blizz in patch 1.24

Help me :S

Level 2
Well before patch 1.24 there was a trigger in the game cache section that allowed the user to save is game cache. I think it was this: Game Cache - save GameCache
This dosen't exists anymore... so how am I supposed to save a hero to the next level in my campaign? The only option that allows me to save a game cache is by hashtables. Hashtable - Save Gamecache Handle.

Level 3
its not
Game Cache - Store (Last created unit) as myhero of Category in (Last created game cache)
?
Its still in the WE right above hash tables...

Level 2
This is a tutorial (part of it) made by Bob27 about gamecaches
Events
Map initialization

Conditions
Actions
Game Cache - Create a game cache from TutorialCache.w3v
Set TutorialCache = (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save TutorialCache

-----------------------------------
The last action "Game Cache - Save TutorialCache" dosen't exists anymore. I cannot save the gamecache, to use it on the other level... The action that you're talking about ,Drenith ,is the Store action =S

Level 3
1.24 changes doesn't interfere with non-abusive use of gamecache, the only thing that is broken by 1.24 is storing handle as integer in gamecache and that is done on purpose.

Level 3
You can use custom script: call SaveGameCache(yourgamecachename) if you still can't find the option in worldedit GUI

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just update to 1.24.1. The patch is no CD so basically once it is installed you never need your CDs again. Infact, you can throw your CDs away if you want as long as you tie your CDkey to a battlenet account, letting you download the game on demmand and stuff.

There is no need for version switchers at all.

Just update to 1.24.1. The patch is no CD so basically once it is installed you never need your CDs again. Infact, you can throw your CDs away if you want as long as you tie your CDkey to a battlenet account, letting you download the game on demmand and stuff.

There is no need for version switchers at all.

oh.... okay.. thanks.. looking for the update...

Status
Not open for further replies.