• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has Local Saving Been Made Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Digging up my old save system to check if it worked, but has it been successful;y done yet? I saw nestharus's system hasnt been updated in a while and is marked as Needs Fix

Level 31
no, he means file i/o saving, like SC2 banks

Arhowk, currently, the latest in local saving is my syncing library in the JASS submissions section. It needs one more optimization update to absolutely maximize the sync speed. Afterwards, the File I/O thing can be updated and local saving can be completed.

Local saving is done in 2 parts, the syncing and the reading/writing. I haven't rewritten the reading/writing part yet to use the latest techniques (the Thread lib), so you could beat me to it if you like ; ). You can also update the sync lib to run across 90 or w/e gamecaches (so that they use exactly 1 char) and use a buffer. This would drastically increase the speed and is the update I'm planning to do some day (who knows when).

I don't recommend you just try to submit your own standalone as its sync rate likely won't be able to compete with what's in the JASS section, so it'd just end up getting rejected for being inferior to what's already been done, heh.

Level 19
no, he means file i/o saving, like SC2 banks

Arhowk, currently, the latest in local saving is my syncing library in the JASS submissions section. It needs one more optimization update to absolutely maximize the sync speed. Afterwards, the File I/O thing can be updated and local saving can be completed.

Local saving is done in 2 parts, the syncing and the reading/writing. I haven't rewritten the reading/writing part yet to use the latest techniques (the Thread lib), so you could beat me to it if you like ; ). You can also update the sync lib to run across 90 or w/e gamecaches (so that they use exactly 1 char) and use a buffer. This would drastically increase the speed and is the update I'm planning to do some day (who knows when).

I don't recommend you just try to submit your own standalone as its sync rate likely won't be able to compete with what's in the JASS section, so it'd just end up getting rejected for being inferior to what's already been done, heh.

Well I wouldnt upload it. I had made mine after seeing korean prototypes of it and the "data manager" and i did actually get it working (i also got per-player visible items working aswell IIRC, than just quit on the map out of boredom) but than i had to create the dialog menu which NEVER!!! wanted to work for me..

Back on topic kind of, i guess ill just stalk around maybe hopping on the map a few times untill i/o is finished

Thats basic stuff, lol.

E/ Speaking of which, i never really got to test wether or not my systems desynchronized. If youd like to help me test them, PM me sometime today. (anyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.