• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harry Potter and the Philosophers's Stone RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello Hive Workshop,

Let me present my current project:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone RPG

Introduction:

It will be based on the book, but (because it's a RPG) I will add many Quests and adventures, that are totally new. The map size will be epic (256*256)

My major work shall be placed on the terrain by using many imported models, maybe tiles of the UTM.

Event places:

1. (not sure yet if I should add it) House of the Dursleys

2. Diagon Alley

Including: Gringotts Bank (with dungeon), Ollivanders Wand Shop,

3. King's Cross railway station (Platform 9¾, Hogwarts Express)

4. Hogwarts (main point)

Including: many floors (untill now 6 planned), big outdoor area (campus), Gryffindor's Room, many classrooms, the Great Hall, Entrance hall, Hagrid's house, Forbidden Forest, Lake

5. Dungeon to the Philosopher's Stone

6. maybe more later

Quests:

I won't tell you.
Let you surprising.

Sytems:

+ (maybe) Special Fight System (still in planning)
+ many Charms
+ Potion brewing
+ Wizard Card System
+ more to come later

Items:

+ Wizard Cards
+ Bertie Botts Beans
+ Chocolate Frogs
+ Potions
+ Challenge Shields (remember the video game)

Team:

chilla_killa (Terrainer, Triggerer, Modeller; Ideas)
Slaydon (Trigger Assistance)

!! I need a good texturer for making textures of the main characters! !!

Screenshots:

All is WIP:

62308d1249497334-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-entrance-gate.png

62309d1249497334-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-entrance-gate2.png

62310d1249497334-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-entrance-hall.png

62311d1249497334-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-great-hall.png

62312d1249497334-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-great-hall-2.png

62313d1249497768-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-gringrotts-dungeon-wip.png

62314d1249497768-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-gringrotts-hall.png

62315d1249497768-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-gringrotts-hall2.png

62316d1249497768-harry-potter-and-the-philosopherss-stone-rpg-gringrotts-hall-3.png

Progress:

Terrain: 15%
Triggers: 0%
Textures: 5%

I still need some ideas for quests!
Please tell me what you think, and remember: I need a good texturer!!

Attachments

• Entrance Gate.png
    Entrance Gate.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,962
  • Entrance Gate2.png
    Entrance Gate2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,575
  • Entrance Hall.png
    Entrance Hall.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,847
  • Great Hall.png
    Great Hall.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6,021
  • Great Hall 2.png
    Great Hall 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,102
Last edited:
Level 31
Thank you very much, but I don't need luck, but skills. :p
It won't be that difficult, my only problem is the Harry Potter texture.
Anyone has an idea on which unit I should base the skin? Not the villager, he is to muscular and fat. At the moment I try the HumanMage, but he doesn't fit good enough.

Attachments

• Gringrotts Dungeon WIP.png
    Gringrotts Dungeon WIP.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,021
  • Gringrotts Hall.png
    Gringrotts Hall.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,255
  • Gringrotts Hall2.png
    Gringrotts Hall2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,257
  • Gringrotts Hall 3.png
    Gringrotts Hall 3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,399
Last edited:
Level 13
lol id love 2 play this and ya putting a texture for something related 2 harry potter seems difficult o and quest are eazy you can have harry run jobs for weazly's at the alley or do potion classes and if need some terrain i could try or ideas im good with ideas =]

Level 11
ok chilla_killa, 3 main things i wanna tell ya:

1) I am quite excited that you are starting this. I would love to play it and possibly (after i finish my current project) help you on it
2) It better be close to the book, because the harry potter book lore is very precise and one difference could change the whole series
3) The map better look epic. Make it look magical, with floating candles and talking statues and all that good stuff.

I will keep an eye on this one.

Level 13
lol some of the precies things seem a bit hard and some vary eazy this kinda makes me want 2 make a harry potter rpg for some reazon but im 2 lazy and yes making it more magical would be good / hard like floating candles eazy but talking / moving paintings hard so somethings you may need 2 request but still looks vary epic so far.

Level 31
Thank you very much for the many friendly comments, I try my best to make this map as good as possible, but the main problem will be to find a texture or a model for harry potter but I maybe I will make a model on my own.
rep for all of you!
My latest idea:
Door System: If you come in range of a door, you will get the ability "Open Door" if you go away from the door it will close automatically

Level 13
sorry lol i couldnt find it on the desctription but is this 1 player? if so then this will be much eazyer and y just the the 1st shall there be other?

Level 11
If you need help with stuff pertaining to the story of harry potter (like if you dont have the books or dont want to reread em) you can ask me. I love HP and i kno a lot about it. once again, good luck dude

Level 13
lol i have all the book well i dont but my sister dose i hope som1 makes custom models for this thought like for the people just 2 see some harry potter in wc3 seems fun 2 me is all.

PS im vary bad at terraining but i can try 2 help you if you would like?

Level 11
i got all the books and have red each prolly 2-3 times, haha. i love HP. I know, the idea of HP being in warcraft does seem really cool. I would love to help out in any way I could also, as stated before, haha

Level 11
oh, chilla killa, i was thinking about the models and no one will really work for the wizards such as dumbledore, harry potter, etc because they all have staffs and wizards in HP have wands. maybe you could get someone to create some models for ya. if i was a modeler i would but i do not kno how to model :/ or if you are a modeler you should do that. it will feel more like HP if they have wands, not staffs.

finally, i was thinking about the combat system, and all of their damage should come from spells, not from basic normal attack. that way it will feel more magical. ya know what i mean?

Level 13
lol you can just ask som1 2 remove the staffs and then you can add wands its not hard at all thought having custom models would be cooler it proably wont happen sadly =[

Level 31
Well, I'm a modeller and I know how to remove the weapons from them.
But I maybe will make custom models for Harry Potter.
There's also a wand model by Thrikodius that I will maybe use.
TheHunter, can you make me a spell?
It's the "Wengardium Leviosa" Spell".
The target unit of ability being cast shall fly up, stay there in the air for some seconds, and then fall down and get damage. (I also want a special effect of the war stomp then) it shall only be possible to cast on light units, but I will trigger it via a condition, you don't have to do that.
Would be great if you could do that.
Of course anybody who wants to make it for me can do it, not only the Hunter.
I will give you 5 rep and great credit, if you make a tutorial, how you made it step by step because I want to learn spell-making, too.
Greets chilla_killa

Current Work: Diagon Alley

Level 11
So, I was thinking about the Great Hall (i read that scene in the HP book last night) and maybe you should have a lil cinematic where the camera points up and you just see a starry night sky. Also, the tables in the Great Hall are described as being in 4 rows next to eachother, not 2 rows with 2 houses in each row. so it would be like this:
_____
_____
_____
_____

Not like this:

_____ _____
_____ _____

ya know what i mean?

Level 13
lol i know da perfect model for the tables good thing theres also candle models and food models now the great hall is good.

Level 12
Of course, describing triggers over the web, on a computer that does not have ANY kind of trigger editor, is just plain difficult.
Best o luck, and is this Mulit-player? It would be cool to have a hogwarts map, where you and your friends can go to class and explore and stuff. It would be like LOAP but NEW map. Not same old shabby map, with new stuff every time.
Single player is good too, but it it a campaign then?

Status
Not open for further replies.