• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hard spell? Another Gui challenge. (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im trying to make a spell that would create another spell as chain reaction when it hits certain unit. This unit is dummy unit (invunerable atleast maybe locust to)
So I cant make the dummy unit cast the spell because it doesnt detect when its being hit by the spell.

If you dont understand tell me and ill try to explain better.

Level 6
You would have to be more specific. What kind of spell it is determines how one would monitor its whereabouts. Please elaborate.

Well basicly if i could detect(event) when unit is hit spell or gains a buff (from the spell) I could use this on several purposes.

For now im trying to create three spells for starters.

First spell is Freezing field. It creates unit that has unholy aura with negative vallues and it slows down the enemy that walk near it and causes minor damage.
(this is simple spell)

Second spell is freezing wave. It is basicly impale with changed missile model and buff.

Third spell is glacier. This should be combination of freezing field and freezing wave. When i use freezing wave on the freezing field it would create ice blocks around the freezing field and cause minor damage on units inside the ring/field. So this spell can only be done by using two other spells. I have tried few things but cant make this work...

I hope you can now understand my problem. I dunno if this can be even done...but i hope some wiseman will figure it out.

Level 2
I've done something like this before.

Just make a firebolt spell, or some single target spell that will end up giving the target a buff of any sort.

Now make a unique buff for the spell and give it to your spell. Make the duration of the buff on the unit 0.05 seconds or so.

Then, make a trigger to detect when the spell is being cast, then, set the target of the spell to a variable, and turn on a second trigger you will make.

For your second trigger, have the event as "every 0.01 seconds of game", and the condition a boolean comparison: "(Unit variable from first trigger) has specific buff (your spell's buff) equal to true"

and there you go, just fill up the actions with whatever you want your spell to do next. At the very end, dont forget to set your unit variable to no unit, then use "Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)"

Level 6
I've done something like this before.

Just make a firebolt spell, or some single target spell that will end up giving the target a buff of any sort.

Now make a unique buff for the spell and give it to your spell. Make the duration of the buff on the unit 0.05 seconds or so.

Then, make a trigger to detect when the spell is being cast, then, set the target of the spell to a variable, and turn on a second trigger you will make.

For your second trigger, have the event as "every 0.01 seconds of game", and the condition a boolean comparison: "(Unit variable from first trigger) has specific buff (your spell's buff) equal to true"

and there you go, just fill up the actions with whatever you want your spell to do next. At the very end, dont forget to set your unit variable to no unit, then use "Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)"

I was hoping that i could use area spell on this one since it would be cooler..

Level 19
Hmm let me think
Well I have an idea but may not work properly

A dummy unit with a projectile model and its our projectile modify speed for that
It has a dummy storm bolt ability with 100 range

So whenever we cast a spell
it creates a dummy unit Upon you
and orders it to use stormbolt on target

Whenever someone uses that dummy stormbolt
<your actions here>

You can use custom value and stuff for detecting chain jump counter

Level 6
Hmm let me think
Well I have an idea but may not work properly

A dummy unit with a projectile model and its our projectile modify speed for that
It has a dummy storm bolt ability with 100 range

So whenever we cast a spell
it creates a dummy unit Upon you
and orders it to use stormbolt on target

Whenever someone uses that dummy stormbolt
<your actions here>

You can use custom value and stuff for detecting chain jump counter

but i could cast the freezing wave to any point and it would make the third spell? this doesnt seem right to me..but maybe you could make dummy unit atack only possition/area where the spell is casted and attack the freezing field dummy. but im not that good with area things so I probly dont know how to do that.

Another bad explanation i quess...

Level 29
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestoryGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) has buff Aerial Shackles) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Percentage life of (Picked unit)) - 5.00)%

The problem is you can't detect the caster...

Level 6
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestoryGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) has buff Aerial Shackles) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Percentage life of (Picked unit)) - 5.00)%

The problem is you can't detect the caster...

its fine if you cant detect the caster. thx thats what i needed. Atleast i think its gona work the way i want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.