• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Harbor of the medieval city.

Attachments

• a9d6a7fbcf379142f820f9c65dd1af18.jpg
    a9d6a7fbcf379142f820f9c65dd1af18.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 409
Level 18
The way you made the water amuses me. However, the rocks near the wall (I believe they're rocks) look very and I mean very strange.

Also the angle might not be the best, because as stated before it has much open space.

You might want to create the sky with stormsphere, cloud and glow models to give it a more unique look.
And adding cargo and other similiar things that could be seen in a harbor.

Maybe try to be a little more heavy on fog materials. It just feels like one of those terrains that should be more gloomy and vigorous. Also seems like there is a lot missing from the back of the terrain. The city seems to thin. Maybe add some forest like theme terrain from the backdrop and make it seem like a great place to explore and wonder about. also if you don't want to go to heavy on the for maybe try to make it seem like you can see space/ some slight gloom of stars, as it feels to me like it should be a dark and wonder-us terrain.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Also I love the water effects. Maybe try to some crashing wave effects as well.

Finally, some refreshing terrain to say at least!

I really enjoyed it, but it appears that I have equal thoughts with the others, such as the pavement on the edge of the sea has visible horizontal holes, as a result of incoherent and careless placement from every angle.

The feeling of something missing is really strong; you may want to add some seagulls flying around and some people walking down the harbor. The scenery is quite dark, which tells me that it is "captured" in the afternoon. You may want to add some street lights with glows on them, as if the first lights in the harbor appear at this very hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.