• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hangman Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Lobby’s been a little empty lately, so I’m going to run a Hangman tournament. Basically anyone who wants to join just post here saying so, and then I’ll organize a tree of matches. For example if 8 people signed up then there would be 4 matches in the first round, then 2 matches in the second round and then 1 match in the final round.

For each match I’ll give the contestants the number of letters in a word I’ve thought up, and I’ll decide how many letters each player gets before he loses. If you win a match by completing the word you get 3 points and your opponent gets 1, and if you win by your opponent running out of tries you get 2 points and they get 0. At the end of that round of matches the half of the people with the highest amount of points go to the next round of matches and the others drop out.

I can’t really give anything for a prize, but I’ll ask Ralle if he can think of something appropriate for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

EDIT: I'm also going to send off a PM to Ralle about installing a proffesional Hangman forum hack, as this would make the tournament MUCH better. EDIT: This has been done now :)

If you have any questions/ideas feel free to post them below. Once I have 4 people (EDIT: I've changed this to 8 people) signed up you'll have another week to sign up in.

Current Contestants:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
good to see that the lobby is getting some activity, now members would be interesting. however, this post is not a sign up.

NOTE: I did this without my customary purple colour just in case some people find it hard to read, as happened with the last shade of purple I used.
good shados :D
I can’t really give anything for a prize, but I’ll ask Ralle if he can think of something appropriate for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
perhaps a little rank will be made, who knows ;)...

Level 18
I sent off a PM to Ralle about a custom user title or something else suitable, and the lack of purple-ness is mostly for your benefit Archian, as I don't know of anyone else having problems :p . Anyway, might not you join?

P.S. I've realized you don't use capital letters much, but would you mind spelling my name with one? It has one on purpose, and I would prefer it if you would do so, no offence intended.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Shados said:
I sent off a PM to Ralle about a custom user title or something else suitable, and the lack of purple-ness is mostly for your benefit Archian, as I don't know of anyone else having problems :p . Anyway, might not you join?
well as i've said, im not having any trouble reading it, but others might have :p, anyway i'll leave to day and i'll first get home next weekend.

Shados said:
P.S. I've realized you don't use capital letters much, but would you mind spelling my name with one? It has one on purpose, and I would prefer it if you would do so, no offence intended.
well if you prefer it that way Shados, then okay. :roll:

Level 18
Although originally it was going to be 4 people and then you'd have a week I've now raised that to 8, so when one more person signs up there'll be a week left to sign up in. And Ralle I hope you install the Hangman Mod I sent you, it would be very helpful here.

Level 18
Well, the Hangman mod has been installed at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forum/hangman.php and as you can see we already have had 100+ Hangman games played! Here's a little update on how the tournament will work: I'll organize the matches as said above, and set a time for each match (I'll discuss the time with the participants) and you'll have one day to finish the Hangman after that (Remember, you can only try once, trying more than that will get you disqualified). If anyone else tries the tournament Hangman games then something very bad will happen to that person. Now all we need is another player and then it'll only be a week 'till the start! :D Have fun with the Hangman mod people!

Status
Not open for further replies.