• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hands of Defending Ancients 8.0 AI

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-[Genre]-
A Hero Defence map like AoS and DotA but with 1 lane.

-[Description]-
Choose from 66 different Heros to defend your base from attacking forces.

Basically to destroy your opponent's Obelisk of Death (which is in their base) to win the game. But of course, the bases are heavily guarded with towers which you need to destroy before proceeding further.

-[Short Story]-
There was a legendary war between Azrune and Dalaran where Humans and Night Elves battle to conquer each other's territory in order to gain full control of the lands and seas of the continent of Kalimdor. Beside the war ground are forests of lurking danger at every corner where 3 bosses lived.

-[Credits]-
Map Creator - LgIsHere
Map Testers - ForzedaL , seron87 , paperboat , mickeyj89 , Hehe
AI Creator - LgIsHere

-[Special Thanks]-
Custom Models thanks to :

Kuegukecku | JetFangInferno | General Frank | Mc ! | Bloody_Turds | WILLTHEALMIGHTY | Illidan(Evil)X | jigrael | Burning_Dragoon5 | alfredx_sotn | shamanyouranus | pWn3d | Kimberly | Xelthyr | HappyTauren | Lord_T | Glen Elendra | Pyritie

Custom Icons thanks to :

Anachron | Norinrad | Mc ! | hawk900 | Huinipachutli | jigrael | Illidan(Evil)X | IamtheRper | FrIkY | KelThuzad | LiOneSS | HappyTauren | meneldor | RaeVanMorlock | Elenai | Yak | Lord_T | Mr.Goblin | Wyvernoid | neo1989 | bananaHUNT | Gwen Stefani | CRAZYRUSSIAN

Some Custom Spells thanks to :

SSDBZ | redscores | Tesla-Dude | By.The.Hell | scorre | Dj0z | Sean_D-real | Kingz | Yearight | Delaguthix | Teuncreemers

-[Changelog]-
Changelog 8.0e:
-Searing Blade nerfed.
-Searing Blade and Cranium Slasher can nolonger stack.
-- Buy a second one at your own risk of losing gold.
-Skeleton Archer's hitpoints lowered by 25.
-Improved Guard shield's effect.
-Healing Branch now heals faster.
-Changed Mana potion's price to 50.
-Crushing Wave for Nagarien Guard modified.
-Fixed some skill bugs.
-Lg's pipe of lightning is now Lg's Staff of lightning.
-Lg's Staff of lightning can now level up to 5 by buying the recipe.
-Lg's Staff of lightning cannot be stacked from now on.
-Moved all shops to base.
-AI configured to the changes.
-Added more description to all heros when choosing.
-Map size reduced.
-Mass change in terrain.
-Fixed Tower Demolisher's Demolish text.
-Skills changed for the following heros :
-- Super Peasant
-- Frost Dragon
-- Pheonix
-- Renegade Ranger which is now called Sniper
-- Forest Troll which is now called Shadow Assassin
-- Admiral
-- Eco Golem which is now called Rocky Golem

---------------------------------

Website Link : www.freewebs.com/L3productions

Keywords:
hoda, hero, defence, hands of defending ancients, map.
Contents

Hands of Defending Ancients 8.0 AI (Map)

Reviews
20:20, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: An unoriginal bad AoS. Rejected with a 1/5 rating. You can find my full review Here.

M

20:20, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
An unoriginal bad AoS. Rejected with a 1/5 rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 18
[ I am VERY Sorry that i could not include the names because there's alot of them ]

Dang! As I said this isn't allowed, people make models for fun, but they also want credits for them, name by name. Thanks. As for the map I will check it.

EDIT:

Here is my rating and comment:

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay*/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
->That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
* Not in cinematic
That equals 100 points max.
To get a Hive grade over 1/5 at least 50% of the 80 (Triggered map) or of the 100 (Cinematic map) points is needed. That means at least 40 or 50 points. However if a map gets rated over 1/5 by me, that doesn't mean that I will imidietly vote it to be approved.

Originality: 2 points
Basicly an AoS map that hasn't anything original in it, beside the one lane fact, that I haven't seen before.

Object editor work: 6 points
The hotkeys worked, I played three heroes and I can't say you were to original about the spells. Also the heroes when picking them need more description.

Scripting: 6 points
I haven't checked the actual triggers but I have a complain:
- Fix the ending, victory condition, stop the game time, stop the revival time when someone wins don't just pause the game, pause everything

Terrain: 3 points
The terrain was done very bad. Boring, not much variation, repeating itself in the same boring manner. You need a terrainer or do a better job yourself.

Bug Free: 7 points
Worked fine, but I have found a small bug/problem:
- When I killed the big hero in the end, it said I pwned player yellow, is that supposed to be here? He is a computer

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 3 points
Bad things:
- Huge map, makes it more slow and less interesting
- Not so original heroes
- Huge size makes a long download time
- Imba gold getting
- Imbalanced heroes
- 300 gold for each kill, no varying
Good things.
- One lane makes it interesting as everyone fights at the same place

Lag: 8 points
No ingame lag, decent loading time.

Proper submission and crediting: 1 point
Each author of resources by name please. More info and images about the map.

In overall: 36 / 80
45%
minimal 50% not met.
For the hive grade: 1/5 I suggest this map for: Rejection
In overall it is just another AoS. You must first of all fix the submission problems. Then you should work on game and hero balancing. The terrain needs a lot of work too. You are on a good start but you still have a long way to go.

Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Last edited:
Level 1
oh btw...make more different
(for example: like 5 or more heroes have the same windwalk skill...)
and fitting skills for the heroes...
(monsoon for a super-peasent doesnt really make sense IMO...)

Level 2
Thanks

Thanks for the comments! I'll try my best to find all the names for the creators of the models, icons and skills and put them up and try to fix all the things that bounty hunter2 said. Thanks bounty hunter2! You're a great help.

Oh ya about the revival time that needs to be stopped after game. I've made it in a way that when the game ends, the revival time will still be there but after 0:00, it won't revive the hero. As for the game time, i'll stop it. But if there's any way to stop the revival time, i'll do it.

Last edited:
Level 2
How did you come to the name?
Do you make Hosk + DotA = HoDA
It looks a bit like that

Nope i did not make the name out of Hosk but DotA only.
But now that i noticed, it really looks like it LOL.

oh btw...make more different
(for example: like 5 or more heroes have the same windwalk skill...)
and fitting skills for the heroes...
(monsoon for a super-peasent doesnt really make sense IMO...)

Yes i agree. I'll be trying my best to change all un-fitting and repeating skills for heros to better/other ones and balance them as well. But i need to do my terrain first. The things that bounty hunter2 mentioned are done except for imbalanced heros , revival time and not so original heros( which i think is about the skills ). I have not uploaded it yet but when my terrainer finished terraining my map, i'll try my best to do the balancing as fast as possible so that i can upload it up for more testing.

Last edited:
Level 4
You shoud replace the night elf archers working for Dalaran to Blood Elf (human) Archers,reduce the price of the items,also sometimes I and AI get the same hero wich is a litle stupid.You get 3/5 vote from me.

Level 4
Where the hell is ''LG's Pipe of Lightning'' item,I can't find it,but there is an item simmular to it!?.