• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Handle Var Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
:S ok, thanks
i read somewhere that a game cache could only hold so many things, and i think it also said that the WC3 cache doesn't "flush" properly...but i kinda doubt that >_>

Level 5
is there any reason why i cant have two game cache systems in the same map, to get around this limit? i would think you can but i seem to be running into some problems and its not really working, so i dont know if its the cache or just bad coding :S

Level 13
Then you would have two game caches, then you would have to check if one game cache is reached it's limit and then store the data in the second game cache. But I don't think reaching the limit is very common, and with vJass it's almost impossible.

Level 5
your assuming im using a game cache for spells, which im not >_>
i have two different caches, one for attaching integers to units to represent their coordinates on the grid iv made (think like a chess map, but not really) and one to store coordinates of created units (circles of power) for movement. however, im assuming by your post there would really be no problem with having multiple game caches, so it must be my coding....do you want me to post it all up? (i cant do it this moment (its all on my other comp) and i dont wanna post it all if you dont feel like looking through it >_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.