• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hacking/Patching the Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any experience with hacking/patching the editor. By this I mean like knowing how they made JNGP. I'm trying to alter the way the editor saves, so that it always saves as a W3M.

Why do I want to do this? Well I'm an RoC map maker and always have to convert my maps when I incorporate TFT editor features. Pretty much just putting the TFT mpq files + imports into a RoC map. I have a feeling I and a lot of other people that convert maps would save a lot of time if the editor just saved it as W3M.

So does anyone have any idea how to do this, or do you need me to explain further?

Level 2
Do you happen to know how hard it would be to change it so it always saves as a W3M? Or do you know someone that would know a little bit more about this if you don't?

Thanks for responding, I was afraid no one would reply :).

Level 2
Exactly and you can import most of those resources. Do you know anyone that might be able to help change the String extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.