• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hacking in SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Just wanted to let you guys know that an immortal warp hack has been found.
Basically, it lets you warp in immortals, like a stalker without the need for robo bay.

Heres the replay
http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3358

Also the hacker researches +2 range for immortals from the robo bay at 16 minutes.

Just wanted to share it. I cant deny that the hack is pretty awesome. The hacker exploited unfinished code that blizzard wrote, where immortals were going to be able to be warped in.

Level 27
That's wrong, but so much better than usual methods of cheating hackers use. I mean this one can be countered at least. You can use lots of effective against immortals units like zerglings and try to destroy all warp prisms close you. But it still screws up the balance a lot.

I just think, if you can use any unifinished in-game code thee is in game data, you can probably do anything you want... hope Blizzard will solve this.

Level 11
It isn't actually that complex a hack, it just exploits the fact that Blizzard added the ability to the unit, allowing it to be accessed, but didn't provide the correct user interface to use it.

There are various other things you can do, but most of them are much less awesome - eg, getting evo chamber techs with hatch/lair/hive, building nydus worms with drones (note the drone can live :D), building gateway units with the robotics facility, mutating mutalisks into brood lords, and researching nitro packs at the ghost academy (wat).

Ofc, they are all fairly easy fixes, so it should be patched soon.

@above, you can't do "anything you want". Its only limited to the abilities blizzard left in the game, attached to the unit, but merely deleted the standard UI to use.

Level 22
Is this the same site Replayers as the wc3 but for SC2? This red was just a nap and there is a big difference b-n someone with a brain using a hack and someone without it using a hack. This immortal spam can be very imba and no fun if used properly. I wonder why didnt blue tower up his remaining bases in the last mins with like 30 cannons, immortals can destroy them but still had a chance, no use of zealots. Then could've started the voids if he had survived with towering his base.

Noob. Got your ass owned. I wonder do they know how pathetic they look when losing with a hack. Look how he's building his gateways and pylons as if this is some TOWER DEFENSE game. You can just judge him by his moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.