• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

H3lp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey im trying to do the beta editor but theres some help :(

1. How do i change a units attack speed? i tried to go under atk speed but it change jack.

2. How to change a rank? I want reaper to be PFC

3. How to display game text, like in wc3, itll say like Welcome to Gem TD in the middle or some crap like that.

Level 11
To change attack speed you have to edit the unit's weapon.

Click the weapon, then scroll on the right side until you find "Period", this is the attack speed.

Screenshot
attackspeed.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. How do i change a units attack speed? i tried to go under atk speed but it change jack.
No idea, the editor is still 2 hours away.

Try changing the cooldowns of the weapons, not the units. I think weapons and units are separate in SC2 and weapons control attacks while units use weapons.

2. How to change a rank? I want reaper to be PFC
No idea what you mean here.

3. How to display game text, like in wc3, itll say like Welcome to Gem TD in the middle or some crap like that.
There should be a GUI action for this, but the code provided eariler should do it slightly.

Level 11
No idea, the editor is still 2 hours away.

Try changing the cooldowns of the weapons, not the units. I think weapons and units are separate in SC2 and weapons control attacks while units use weapons.

No idea what you mean here.

There should be a GUI action for this, but the code provided eariler should do it slightly.

Read my reply for how to change attack speeds Dr :p

Level 19
3) Try this:
Code:
UIDisplayMessage(PlayerGroupAll(),
                 c_messageAreaSubtitle,
                 StringToText("Welcome to Gem TD"));

I found it in the functions list from http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/functions/
So, I'd really like to know if it works.

Actually, your code helped me. In GUI, it is UI - Text Message

And i mean, if u play sc2 it will say Kills - Whatever and beneath that it will say Rank - whatever. I want to change the rank to Private First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.