• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gun Attachment Angles Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a problem.
I'm Trying to make a Map like Undead assault 2 but with different models/ terrain/missions.

So i found a model (Special Unit - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site)
that i'm going to use for the classes ex: sniper, machine guner, Rifle, Shotgun. etc.

For example. I found a sniper rifle model. (PTR-5 Sniper Rifle - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site)

so on the marine model i erased his gun. but NOW when i import the sniper and marine. and i put the sniper onto the marine. its sticking from his right hand upwards

Is their ANY way besides somone modeling it for me to make the marine and the sniper rifle sync? Example: make it where when the marine shoots it fires at the right angle and follows the marine?

THANKS!

Level 5
I'm quite sure you can't modify attachment points using the world editor, you'd have to edit the attachment points of the unit model, or the orientation of the weapon models. Have you tried different weapons and they are all oriented the same (incorrect) way?

Maybe an experienced notepad editor could tell you just where you'd have to add a 90 degree rotation.

Level 18
yeah I would agree with expresso in the part that you should test more weapons, attach more than just this sniper rifle on the marine.. if all weapons pointing in the air then there's something wrong with the attachment points on the unit..

If not, then the weapon is in wrong angle, so you have to rotate it, but this can only be done in the model itself, so get milkshape, open the model and rotate it and place it on the right axes.. save and it should work..

yeah I would agree with expresso in the part that you should test more weapons, attach more than just this sniper rifle on the marine.. if all weapons pointing in the air then there's something wrong with the attachment points on the unit..

If not, then the weapon is in wrong angle, so you have to rotate it, but this can only be done in the model itself, so get milkshape, open the model and rotate it and place it on the right axes.. save and it should work..

You really don't need milkshape, that's way too much effort for a small job;
just get magos war3model editor (you may find it in the tools section), open the model, go window>model editor, then select all vertices (shown as red dots) and go transformation>rotation.
There you make sure degrees are selected instead of radians, select whatever axis you wish to rotate around(experiment!) and set the ammount of degrees.
If it turns out wrong, just do the same thing but whith a negative number.

Status
Not open for further replies.