1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gul'Dan

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is a model of Gul'Dan the warlock from the game Warcraft II. Please give credit if you use it in a map. Thanks to General Frank for making it work ingame :D
Update: He now has one attack and one spell animation, instead of two attack animations.

Keywords:
gul'dan
Contents

Gul'Dan (Model)

Gul'Dan (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « [Date = 5th of August, 2007] [Approval status = Approved] [Rating = (8) Awesome!] [Main points] [x] Gul'Dan is stable and useful.
  1. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "Gul'dan can be seen in Warcraft II leading an expedition to uncover the Tomb of Sargeras, though not much detail is provided. The player is asked in an orc campaign level to destroy Gul'dan's clan waiting outside the cave. Gul'dan is shown with the appearance of a *Death Knight*."

HE HAD A FRIGGIN SKELETAL HORSE MOUNT IN WC2!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gul'dan

@Crusadious, know your lore and your games. If you continue to bitch about models with biased reasons,historical or lore aspects then GO AWAY or hold you tongue.

@Richardwarrior2, stop it, if you continue to flame and troll this model I WILL punish you.

2. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Unwrap everything on one wrap ffs?

3. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    so high and mighty for just a simple WC3 modding site moderator,and my knowledge of lore is greater then yours ever will be Werewulf. Let me ask you something,was there ever a summary of Gul'dan with the words saying "he rode a skeletal horse"? No,and Gul'dan is not a Death Knight,he's a warlock that created Death Knights from the slain paladins of Stormwind. And finally,Blizzard only made his model a Death Knight in WC2 because they're too lazy to make warlocks

4. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Crusadious:so high and mighty for just a simple WC3 modding site moderator,and my knowledge of lore is greater then yours ever will be Werewulf. Let me ask you something,was there ever a summary of Gul'dan with the words saying "he rode a skeletal horse"? No,and Gul'dan is not a Death Knight,he's a warlock that created Death Knights from the slain paladins of Stormwind. And finally,Blizzard only made his model a Death Knight in WC2 because they're too lazy to make warlocks"

1. I never said he was a friggin deathknight.

2. Warlocks ride skeletal/demonic horses if you didn't even know the lore on that or did research. So whats stopping him hmmm?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Dread.jpg

3. They were not lazy as it was default for all hero units to use common unit sprites and was accepted. oh and just to state, its SPRITE, not model.

4. Also Guldan didn't create DK's from slain palidans, he made them mainly from the knights of Azeroth.

5. Editing your posts eh lol? Funny...and its funny how you see me as so "high and mighty" just because I have facts and i am a moderator. Your throwing fiction at the author's face and I'm just defending him with evidence.

and i quote:"@Crusadious, know your lore and your games. If you continue to bitch about models with biased reasons,historical or lore aspects then GO AWAY or hold you tongue."

You wish to spam here and bitch about the lore of a model? Do this again and i'll be forced to take staff action for your total disregard to the author of this model, the site and your horrible manners and sense of respect.

That goes for everyone else, ignore Crusadious, if he doesn't ignore then punishment will be taken on him.

5. XxDruidxX

XxDruidxX

Resources:
    Resources:
    sweet model good job on making guldan.
    also yes he did have a skeleton horse cuz i played wc2.

6. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warlocks do not ride skeletal horses unless they are the Undead kind,not Orcish. Felsteeds are not the same as Skelly horses,mmkay?

7. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    and knights,paladins,warriors,they're all basically in the same category.

8. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    By this point, who cares? The model looks nice, and you people are really spending too much time arguing about the lore behind it. If he called it HeroOrcGuyOnSkeletalHorse, you wouldn't complain.

Try to appreciate it as art, not finding what you see as a "flaw due to lore"

Finally, let's face it. The description said "This is a model of Gul'Dan the warlock from the game Warcraft II". You said yourself that he had a Death Knight sprite in Warcraft II. There seems to be a general consensus that Warcraft II Death Knights all rode skeletal horses. Thus, he rides a skeletal horse in this model, because the sprite he was represented by in Warcraft II had a skeletal horse as the mount.

And if blizzard used a death knight sprite, maybe they intended him to look like a death knight. Just the slightest possibility, yes?

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Crusadious, ANYONE can ride a skeletal horse

Gul'Dan just has taste. The orc ones rode skeleton horses all through WC2, or didn't you notice those horned demonic things they rode around on

THE KEYBOARD. STOP TYPING ON IT

10. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah Gul'dan brings back so many memories of WC2. he looks like what he did from the pictures

10/10 for the kick ass model of Gul'dan

11. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mecheon,not everything can ride on Skeletal Horses,much the same as they cant on Mechanistriders.They didnt ride horned demonic things (Daemons) becus they kill every fucking thing they see. You know jack-shit about lore,and if u do ur research you'll learn a damn thing or 2. YOUR LIFE. STOP WASTING IT.

12. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    And ya ur right Poot,if the name was like that,i wouldnt rly give a rats ass,but its not.

13. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh my god, someone's thinking they're a TOUGH BOY. Well kiddo, now lets play

I'm not sure which WC2 you played you little cretin, but in the one I played the Death Knights clearly rode upon skeletal horses. Horned, demonic skeletal horses, but skeletal horses all the same

What's that? Not believing me? Well then, how's about the official WC2 concept art for the Death Knight?

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer_metzen.php?cat=warcraft&art=57&sub=31

Now how's about you go do some research and apply lore to the situation. Other races could ride mechastriders if they were made larger, but gnomes designed them specifically for themselves. Skeletal horses are ridable by Trolls, who look ridiculous, Orcs, who look meh, and Undead, who look natural

OPPS, DIDN'T NOTICE THAT, DID YOU?

Shut the fuck up and learn some lore noob

Oh, and I'm not wasting my life. I just know a lot of useless stuff like that

14. RedBlade

RedBlade

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OMG GUYZ! THIS MODEL PWNS EVEN IF HE RIDES OR NOT A SKELETON HORSE IN WC2. He made this model over the unit from wc2. Doesnt mean he HAD to be the same (although he did ride a skeleton horse).

10/10 for the model.

15. YohoboFire

YohoboFire

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is a sweet model, im gonna use this in my upcomming game called X wars :)
    ill be sure to give you credits

16. Crusadious

Crusadious

Resources:
    Resources:
    You all cannot even near match me in lore,for I know all you could know of the Horde, and too end this, Gul'dan wasn't a Deayj Knight,he made them from SW soldier bodies and Orc souls (Read Tides of Darkness) and they apparently did something of the same sort to the horses. Gul'dan didn't ride anything, read the fucking book, he walked around like most Orcs. Ok? Basically this concept is like the Green Dragon model in WC2 insted of the Red one which it is supposed to be since it was of Alexstrasza's kin, model-making laziness. And concept art doesnt matter, it is basically fan-made art or art that can mean anything relating to lore or not, so Mecheon don't try to best me, I can beat you at every corner. Have a nice day :)

17. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Poor poor Crusadious.....He still doesn't get the point.

18. Aspharatos

Aspharatos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really seem to wonder why this guy goes on and on about a model just because it wasnt just like the one ingame... plus its been 2 MONTHS.. mustve not been paying attention at all to the sargeras tomb issue.

19. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Crusadious, you are a conceited, self righteous moron. You clearly don't know what evidence means. If you say Gul'dan doesn't ride shit like that, then SHOW us the quote that says he never rode on the skeletal horse. SHOW us the little morsel of lore that contradicts with Metzen's official concept art. All you do is run your mouth. If you have time to point faults at someone else's evidence, then PRODUCE YOUR OWN. "LOL IF YOU LOOK AT WOW, U CN CLERLY C THRAL DOSNT RIDE A WULF, THER4 WC3 IS WRONG"

20. Mahucharn

Mahucharn

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks kind of like Ganondorf.