• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guitar Warrior

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
______Guitar Warrior_____
|____Alpha V1.30-Demo___|

**All Leaks Fixed**

**New Hold Note System :D**

It's A Bird? It's a plane? No! It's Guitar Warrior!

Guitar Warrior is a W.I.P Warcraft 3 Mod for (you guessed it) Guitar Hero.

Included in this map is a simple beat song that spawns notes according to the difficulty. (Note: this isn't going to be the only song XD)

There are three difficulty levels: Normal, Hard and Expert. Normal is really a mode for true beginners, it spawns a note every second and the note has a 10% chance of being a star power note, once you correctly "hit" 5 star powers notes, a message will pop-up saying star power ready, and you can activate star power with the Hotkey 'S'. In The Hard And Expert difficulties, the notes spawn faster, and you have a lower chance of getting star power notes.

This Mod copies things from the actual Guitar Hero game:

-Star Power
-Multiplier
-Note Streak
-Score System
-Performance System (A Hit is +1 and a miss is -3)

So good luck, and see how high you can get your score and/or max streak =D

------Update V1.1------
-Fixed leaks
-Fixed MultiBoard glitch
-(Tiny) Terrain update
-Notes move more straight

------Update V1.2------
-Custom Loading Screen
-All Leaks Fixed (thanks to leak check v3.1)

------Update V1.22------
-Fixed Some Glitches, New demo for *song

------Update V1.30------
-Holdnote System
-Average multiplier calculator
-Percent hit calculator
-Wisps now have hero glow

*Song is not finished nor does it do anything if you win, the wisps may glitch a little and make it seem "off-beat" (Don't forget, songs aren't too easy to program XD (if someone knows a better way to do songs, PLEASE tell me :D))

Keywords:
Guitar, Hero, Guitar Hero, Mini Game, Star Power, Rock, Warrior, Guitar Warrior, TD, Tower Defense, Defense, Cool, Mini Game, Storm, Earth, Fire, Song
Contents

Guitar Warrior (Map)

Reviews
13:02, 24th Aug 2009 Linaze: The poor terrain and the high amount of memory leaks is enough for me to reject this. Feel free to update this it once you've worked on those two things and this'll receive a proper review. 15th Feb 2010 ap0calypse...

M

13:02, 24th Aug 2009
Linaze: The poor terrain and the high amount of memory leaks is enough for me to reject this. Feel free to update this it once you've worked on those two things and this'll receive a proper review.

15th Feb 2010
ap0calypse: very bad movement system and arrow keys + guitar hero-map = bad.

Level 3
Forgot Controls :S

Dang, I knew i forgot something :sad: The controls are

Left arrow key-red
Down arrow key-blue
Right arrow key-green
Up arrow key-yellow

The controls are a little unusual at first but you'll get used to them :wink:

Last edited:
Level 28
It's an avarage attempt at creating something that might resemble guitar hero in a way...
This could be improved a lot...

My advice:
I wouldn't advice normal unit movement, since it isn't as effective as slides.
Normal unit movement is very limited, since sometimes the unit seems to wander, with slides it goes perfectly straight, you're 100% sure of that.

You've said it in the description, but I'll say it anyway: it leaks... badly.
The camera shakes a little, you also really need to fix that :)

Erm... yeah, adding songs would be obvious o_O (this can be done by creating a table that says when to create which wisp... I think that's the easiest).
At least stop playing the standard warcraft song ^^

The terrain needs some improvements... you'd best use custom things, since this isn't good.
Dalaran Ruins brick and Black Marble also fit the terrain... I don't like the ice :/

Well, I won't moderate the map for now... I would only end up rejecting it anyway.

Lol I knew someone would make something like this edventually I will try it soon.

What u mean 'make something like this eventually'?

This has been done 3 times b4 this one, this just has some nice new features to make it more like the real game.

one of those games tho i believe one was rejected for being a capign of only 1 map however that on did have some awsome systems as well.

Anyway if you cannot figure out how to do sliding plz just put in some pathing blockers to mark the paths at least. at first i couldn't tell where they where goin and i was thinging 'is this game fucked up'? (this was because a red when right next to the blue marker then suddanly changed direction)

Hope u fix those leaks soon.

~Tank-Commander

Level 11
Should type and catagory be different like Mini Game instead of Tower Defense?

Remove WC3 music, well there's always Ctrl+M but hey just saying. Leaking badly for me, so it wasn't easy getting the notes....

Finally like apocalypse said, use slides instead of unit move, to make sure it goes 100% accurate to the spot.

Level 3
Well Technically its tower defense because you are trying to "kill" the wisps before they get past :wink: also, now instead of slides I've made pathing blockers so they stay on course, updated the terrain, and for some reason when I modified triggers on the upload version, the multiboard that displayed your stats got disabled :S so in the update all these will be fixed along with leaks :D

Last edited:
Level 31
Well Technically its tower defense because you are trying to "kill" the wisps before they get past

Tower defense is a genre where you have a unit or need to train a unit in order to build a tower to stop/repel an incoming invasion.

This is generally a game where you click a button when the unit reach the exact position.

The correct category should be Mini-games, not tower defense.

Type: Defense / Survival, Mini-Game, Tower (Defense / TD / Maul / Wars)
Category: Medieval / Warcraft, Miscellanous / Other

Change the type to Mini-game while the category to Miscellanous / Other.

Map with combination of more than 1 type of genre should be set to Miscellanous / Other instead of listing them all like that cause it was not only an eyesore, but it was also an abuse.

Level 14
Interesting. Testing.

EDIT: Well, cool map. You should add some music or something. The camera also shakes a bit....
Has potential to become a great map, keep updating it.

Level 3
Grr... Found a glitch after I updated it... When playing 'Test' you may have problems with the red note. The problem is that the trigger that handles when you "strum" red is somehow activating the effect of holding the same note... This will be fixed next update (Don't want to update again too soon :/)

If you want to take it upon yourself to fix it while waiting for next update:

Simply open the folder titled "hold note" and click on the trigger called "Scoring Left" now change the condition to
  • (passes <gen> is on) Equal to True
That should fix it

Sorry again :S

Level 15
Dang, I knew i forgot something :sad: The controls are

Left arrow key-red
Down arrow key-blue
Right arrow key-green
Up arrow key-yellow

The controls are a little unusual at first but you'll get used to them :wink:

If you wan't it to be usual at first, make them something from the letters ect. ''A, S, D, F'', because it's really unusual to play with the arrows

Level 3
The hotkeys dont react as fast as the arrows. also, the arrow set up works fine in easy mode because it uses the three bottom arrows. I could try and change it but all my triggers are based on the arrows so changing it would take a while... good idea but it might affect gameplay too much.

Level 2
sorry but i didnt liked ist :/

-the arrows are confusing
-the camera position made ist impossible to see how many wisps are coming (just on hardest level)

Level 3
sorry but i didnt liked ist :/

-the arrows are confusing
-the camera position made ist impossible to see how many wisps are coming (just on hardest level)

Hmm alright I'm sorry its not easy enough for you to learn how to play on your first try.. Good god, please don't give my map a rating of 2 because of your own personal opinion... You might as well have given it a 1 because anything lower than 4 is saying my map is god awful and unplayable.. The rating system is designed to give people an idea on how good their map is.. Not "Meh, I didn't like it so it's obviously bad" And the camera position? You are the first person to ever comment about that. Good job pointing out how the angle is EXACTLY the same as in Guitar Hero ffs..

A rating of two makes less people download the map and prevents it from ever becoming popular.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

:zip:

Level 28
Hmm alright I'm sorry its not easy enough for you to learn how to play on your first try.. Good god, please don't give my map a rating of 2 because of your own personal opinion... You might as well have given it a 1 because anything lower than 4 is saying my map is god awful and unplayable.. The rating system is designed to give people an idea on how good their map is.. Not "Meh, I didn't like it so it's obviously bad" And the camera position? You are the first person to ever comment about that. Good job pointing out how the angle is EXACTLY the same as in Guitar Hero ffs..

A rating of two makes less people download the map and prevents it from ever becoming popular.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

:zip:
He's allowed to rate it as much as he wants, as long as he can give a clear statement why the map deserves that rating and I think he did.

The momement is still very bad, the hotkeys are in my eyes stupid as well (arrow keys jut don't fit in a guitar hero map), the demo-songs do not follow the correct rythm as far as I've heard and the camera makes it hard to see when a note actually enters the circle.

I haven't seen a lot of improvements since... pretty long ago, so I reject it.
If you ever decide to add an actual movement system, I might reconsider.