• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] GUI spell - mass polymorph (with AOE selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After reading the tutorial made by Daelin (thank you very much for writing this post:grin:)
I decided to try out my first trigger enhanced spell base on the example in that tutorial.
  • Mass Polymorph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass polymorph
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Mass_polymorph_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Set Mass_polymorph_group = (Units within 512.00 of Mass_polymorph_point matching (((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Mass_polymorph_group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for Player 1 (Red) at Mass_polymorph_point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add Polymorph [dummy] to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Polymorph (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Mass_polymorph_point)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Mass_polymorph_group)
        • Else - Actions
I wonder this trigger contain any leak ?
Also what kind of ability should i use ? I want a instant cast with a AOE selector when you want to cast the spell.
I try flame strike before it cause the game to lag , so I using blizzard instead.
However the effect wasn't quite satisfying cause there is a hidden damage cause by blizzard ability (I can't set the damage of the spell to 0).
I set the unitgroup matching check to ground only cause the polymorph itself will not affect ally unit.I wonder is this ok?
Any constructive suggestion would be highly appreciated, thank!

Nope, it had no leaks! Well done ^_^
AoE selector? Use Death & Decay! It's quite good and helps you stop the channeling, by modyfing the duration to let's say 1. You can also use Channel with Target type to Point. This can be instant, by setting Follow through time to 0.
Well, detecting ground units like this, refers to "Stats - Targeted as" field, in the unit itself, Object Editor (Units tab).

Level 2
Thank a lot Pharaoh, it work out great cause there are not hidden damage anymore after i use "death and decay" as a caster dummy spell :grin: and also with the AOE selector :thumbs_up:

here some tweak for the mass polymorph skill
  • Mass Polymorph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to mass polymorph [new]
    • Actions
      • Set Mass_polymorph_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Mass_polymorph_group = (refer the line below,cause it is too long)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Mass_polymorph_group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit for Player 1 (Red) at Mass_polymorph_point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Polymorph [dummy] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Polymorph [dummy] for (Last created unit) to (Level of mass polymorph [new] for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Polymorph (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Mass_polymorph_point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Mass_polymorph_group)
Refer here
Set Mass_polymorph_group = (Units within (350.00 + (100.00 x (Real((Level of mass polymorph [new] for (Triggering unit)))))) of Mass_polymorph_point matching ((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))

:confused: but there is something i don't really sure about , did a level 1 skill return a "0" in this line?
Real((Level of mass polymorph [new] for (Triggering unit))

sorry didn't notice the "if then else" is not necessary

Last edited:
Level 2
Justify , can you provide me any resource link that have detailed explanation about the "channeling" ability. I don't really know how to deal with a ability that contain so many option that I don't know. like Data-Disable other ability , Data-option and etc.

thank

Level 2
ok here is the list of thing i don't know about the "channeling" ability
Art-area of effect "I put in some effect but it doesn't show up in game"
Data-Art Duration
Data-Disable Other Abilities
Data-Follow Through Time
Data-Option ":confused:visible,targeting image,etc,how does those thing affect the spell visual effect?"

Level 12
ok here is the list of thing i don't know about the "channeling" ability
Art-area of effect "I put in some effect but it doesn't show up in game"
Data-Art Duration
Data-Disable Other Abilities
Data-Follow Through Time
Data-Option ":confused:visible,targeting image,etc,how does those thing affect the spell visual effect?"

Data - Art Duration -> Leave it to 0.98
Data - Disable Other Abilities -> False
Data - Follow Through Time -> I'd say 0.5, Just so that it's not instant cast
Data - Option -> Visible

Level 2
Data - Art Duration -> Leave it to 0.98
Data - Disable Other Abilities -> False
Data - Follow Through Time -> I'd say 0.5, Just so that it's not instant cast
Data - Option -> Visible

Thank Reaper2008 , but I want to understand how the value in the Data affect the spell, not just using it without knowing them:wink:. however, thank for giving some suggestion +rep.

Level 21
Art-area of effect <--- USELESS, works not with channel.

Data-Art Duration <---- thats the interval of the effect, for example: 0.98 would mean that the effect repeats every 0.98 seconds.

Data-Disable Other Abilities <--- while channeling or casting all other abilities are not castable.

Data-Follow Through Time <--- duration of the cast/channel

Data-Option:
visible = the ability shows up as a icon.
targeting image = if the spell is ground targeted, it shows a mask for a AoE spell.

Level 17
redscores said:
art-area of effect <--- useless, works not with channel.

Data-art duration <---- thats the interval of the effect, for example: 0.98 would mean that the effect repeats every 0.98 seconds.

Data-disable other abilities <--- while channeling or casting all other abilities are not castable.

Data-follow through time <--- duration of the cast/channel

data-option:
Visible = the ability shows up as a icon.
Targeting image = if the spell is ground targeted, it shows a mask for a aoe spell.
thank you! :)

I'm sure I saw a tutorial about channel sumwhere....

I was just wondering why your actions are inside an If-Then-Else when it has no conditions inside the If-then-else? If it was because you have a condition in the conditions tab after the events tab then its already not necessary cause you only use the If-then-else if you want something to be done if the condition is not true or if you want to set different behaviors for different conditions and also the condition must be placed in the tab inside the If-then-Else function.....

If you check the targeting image option be sure to set the AOE to be not zero or else the cursor won't show when you cast the ability.....

Status
Not open for further replies.