• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI Save/load Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi All!
I'm searching for an easy to use GUI save/load system that can save items, gold, hero level and hero stats (and the hero ofc :) ). I've been using TriggerHappy187's CodeGen system, but the problem is that it saves normally before level 15 and after that when loading it gives random stats and items that you never had! So If you can help me by linking a nice save/load or if you know the solution to the CodeGen I'm using it will be great :wink: !
Thank You!

Level 15
Hmm...well nothing is easy.I would suggest you to stick to the 2-3 best tutorials and try them all by yourself.Expriment with Jass,and maybe post what you made in Trigger section.You can ask for advice on your trigger,better way to do it,or even someone to check if it works.

Level 7
It's not like I didn't try - I have checked every tutorial and tried it out, but everything is different and I have given up hope on Jass... there is probably no way I am going to try again! If you can help with a save/load any idea for triggerhappy187's codegen bug ?

Level 15
It's not like I didn't try - I have checked every tutorial and tried it out, but everything is different and I have given up hope on Jass... there is probably no way I am going to try again! If you can help with a save/load any idea for triggerhappy187's codegen bug ?

I have used the CodeGen system before and the first version of it was bugged cause it saved the abilities,too.The new uploaded version works pretty fine,bugless,but you can't save the abilities.So...are you sure you have implemented the latest version?

Last edited:
Level 12
If you have the lastest version, you might have to ask Triggerhappy to explain it abit better, and if it still happens, ask him to implement it himself so it works for you. If I recall what I read about it right, if you touch the wrong integer, KA-BOOM, no more save/load for you

Level 6
There seems to be no easy solution to the problem. No one is going to make a system that huge for you. There's no GUI system for it.
I would either learn vJass, ask Triggerhappy to help you out with the system, find someone who knows vJass and help you out with the system, or forget about it all together.
That's the problem having big intentions with your map, if they're too big for your current skills, you will never finish it. I'm experinced here ><.
Good luck, sincerely Foopad

Level 15
There seems to be no easy solution to the problem. No one is going to make a system that huge for you. There's no GUI system for it.
I would either learn vJass, ask Triggerhappy to help you out with the system, find someone who knows vJass and help you out with the system, or forget about it all together.
That's the problem having big intentions with your map, if they're too big for your current skills, you will never finish it. I'm experinced here ><.
Good luck, sincerely Foopad

I learned this the "hard way"...

Level 7
It is more then dooable in GUI.. no idea what people in here are talking about, but you need patience and understanding to do it:

I'm personally not going to do it for you because I would naturally want to do it in JASS and im way to lazy to use GUI to do it.

All code, GUI or otherwise is all about design. A save/load system is just a string that takes integer values and encodes them. Let's visualize it so it's either.

"-save" would be the required event.

then "-load" + ">code<" would be our other required event. Now you said you wanted attributes, level, and items.

Now, we want to simplify these things into their simplist form. You could try using a different base to describe numbers if you want to shorten your code, but let's just go with easy stuff:

-load ###-###-###-###-##-##-##-##-##-##

Now, what are we loading: strength-agility-intelligence-level-1stitem-2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th

With items especially you need a way of recording them in smaller integer values, for example, if you only have 99 items and no more, just assign each item to a specific value. You can also add the players name to this mix if you want (since we're working a with strength, simplifying everything to integers is not required, just makes things easier to explain).

So now let's load up a hero (well we forgot the unit didn't we, guess will slap on an end value)

-load 020-010-030-002-02-20-00-00-00-00-1 (this last value is storing the hero type)
Or in other words.
-load 0200100300020220000000001

Ta da, you have a save/load, the only problem is it's very easy to crack, and that's were substition and encoding comes into play. Basically all you do is assign a set of "unknown" values for a given segment So we could say that for the first 3 positions in the string, 0 can be either A B c or D, and whenever we find either of those 4 values in that position, it becomes 0 instead of that.

The way you shorten your code is by taking sets of integers and taking them to a higher base. i.e. adding letters into the mix of the number line, so instead of 0-9 you also would have A B C D and E or what have you at the end. This also makes encoding a little more complicated, as you can't substitute as broad of letters/numbers to the same position, but hey, hopefully you get the point.

If you don't understand how to generate a code, just get the necessary information, accumulate it into a consistent ordered string. Then give that string to the user, they can then input that string to get the hero back, once you've succesfully accomplished this you can start encoding the string so people can't crack it extremely easily.

Hope this helpled. Drat.. i forgot gold.. oh whatever same procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.