• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] [GUI] Help With Simple Trigger +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Heres my trigger:

• Attack
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing attack as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Rally-Point of Placement (Dawn) 0003 <gen> as a unit)
            • Else - Actions

What happens, is the target will move to the rally point, but not attack the target that the rally point has targeted. Is it possible to make the unit do things to something that a building/unit has rally pointed? I noticed that this trigger is doing the same thing, but instead the the target won't move, instead just stop.

• Repair
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing repair as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Peasant - Repair (Rally-Point of Placement (Dawn) 0003 <gen> as a unit)
            • Else - Actions
Help me, and I'll give you rep.

Level 4
Well the trigger you posted has a huge conflicting command in it: you pick all units selected by RED but then only fire the actions if the "picked unit" is owned by BLUE. Therefore, you can't possibly run the actions because none of the picked units are owned by BLUE. I hope that helps?

Level 8
It's like that on purpose, because of the way my map is set up.

The units I have selected are blue's units, and I have other triggers that run the same, but instead are without a target (i.e, move, attack move, patrol) and are working perfectly. I don't see why these can't target the the unit that my rally point has selected.

Level 4
Ah! Ok in that case you're using the wrong condition. You see, when you refer to "picked unit", it isn't talking about units that are SELECTED in game, it's talking about units that you have manually told the game engine to "pick" (i.e., they have been picked and stored temporarily so that you can refer to them later in the trigger) and so the trigger isn't doing what you want it to because you haven't actually told it to do the right thing! I'm still unsure of what it is that you want to happen, so do you think you could give me some specifics about the way you want your map to work and I'll see about making a trigger for you?

Level 8
That can't be it (1. I don't see a selected unit function, just picked unit, so picked unit makes sense, 2. My other triggers that do orders targeting ground function the same way, and they work, 3. It is *trying* to do the function, because whenever I tell it to *issue and order attacking the rally pointed target*, it will run up to it and stop, even if it's an enemy, it will run up to them, stop for a split second, then attack, because they're right next to them. But it DOES know that I have it selected.)

Here's the map. (it looks horrible because it's in development) Look at the triggers, but especially the one that says Attack, then try it in-game.

View attachment Leader Tactic Skirmish.w3x

Sorry to say, but the trigger makes no sense at all.

You firstly pick up every unit currently selected by Player 1 (Red), but only those who belong to Player 2 (Blue), and then you order the Picked unit (which means that Player 1 (Red) can control Player's 2 (Blue) units with a single command) to attack the rally unit of a unit.

So, basically, i am Player 1 (Red), i use this command, if i have selected a unit from the Blue player, i will order that unit to attack the rally unit. Remind me what is the aim of this trigger? I honestly don't get it, why don't you use Player's 1 (Red) units and you use Player's 2? You don't want full control of the units and you want them be ordered with commands only?

Level 8
What I've been saying, or trying to say, is that yes, I AM TRYING TO USE IT SO I CAN MOVE BLUE'S UNITS. That is the whole point of this.

Player Blue is controlled by neutral, and I want to be able to control it without having to have it shared. You can think it's stupid and retarded, why should we use commands like this, that's totally not the point however,. All I want done here, is to understand why MY SELECTED UNIT, no matter if he's blue, red, purple, yellow, whatever, wont attack the rally point off my building.

I don't see what there isn't to get about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.