• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI Group Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
These hurtful things only pick one or two units after some casts.
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Inquisition
    • Then - Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempReal = ((15.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Inquisition for (Triggering unit)))))) + ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 0.80))
      • Set TempCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 200.00 of TempPoint matching (((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is in StructGroup) Equal to False)) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)))
      • Unit - Create 1 Inquisition Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Change ownership of UniversalDummies[1] to (Triggering player) and Retain color
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order UniversalDummies[1] to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Drunken Haze (Picked unit)
          • Set DamageEventType = 1
          • Unit - Cause TempCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing TempReal damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Custom script: set udg_TempCaster = null
    • Else - Actions

Level 22
Cardinal Ximénez said:
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
iVCpwgq.jpg

Make sure you're allocating (creating a new group agent/handle) each time that line of code is executed. I'm pertaining to the TempGroup.

So before setting that group variable, I use CreateGroup()?

Remove either the bj_wantDestroyGroup or the DestroyGroup. You don't need both.

Are you sure it does not pick the units, not that it is a dummy issue?

Also try debugging,

if udg_StructGroup == null then
display debug message
endif
The damage is only dealt once too, so I think it is a pick problem. About the bj_wantDestroyGroup, I must have forgotten when changing into group vars.
No, StructGroup is never null, it is the preplaced(and only) structures in the map ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.