• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GTFO of the Maze v3.21

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hey everybody. This is the first map that I've uploaded to the Hive (even though it say v3.21). I've tried to map a few maps before this one and failed bad. I worked out the bugs as best I can by myself so I decided to send it off to the interwebs and try my luck... please don't crucify me.

Backstory:

Your soul has been called back from the land of the dead to a strange island in the middle of god knows where. In front of you stand nine different heroes of ancient times to do your bidding. You stare out into the distance and see another island. This one much larger than the one you stand on and you see massive earth walls with no way to scale them. That is when you discover... "its a maze."

Pick your one hero from a selection of 3 strength, 3 agility, or 3 intelligence to fight your way out of this trap!

Screenshots

arccaster.jpg

babayaga.jpg

blasridgewood.jpg

toucdis.jpg

eagleeyez.jpg

lordofthedead.jpg

macewindrock.jpg

naturemage.jpg

sirtankalot.jpg

Thanks to....
-BerzekeR- and f0rsAk3n for help with spells

Dudeemup for ideas and testing.

Keywords:
maze, hero, escape, GTFO
Contents

GTFO of the Maze v3.21 (Map)

Reviews
17:25, 23rd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
Incomplete description: tell us how to win (like defeat a boss in the end or just get to a point) and what we need to do to travesse the maze (like solving puzzles or fighting the way out)

Level 3
Here's a list of BB Codes to improve the description; use colours, tables, add screenshots, etc. Is this a sliding maze? Or a fight your way out kind of maze? Please tell us more about the gameplay in your description.

thanks. I cant do much now but later I will fix this up and put some screen shots.

Just a recommendation. You could make a better name, current one sounds really unprofessional, while better one will increase the chances that more people will try this map.

Actually I'm now thinking of one so thats also a work in progress.

Incomplete description: tell us how to win (like defeat a boss in the end or just get to a point) and what we need to do to travesse the maze (like solving puzzles or fighting the way out)

This is mostly a fight your way out with a bit of puzzle mixed in.

Level 28
"It's where I store the extra creeps I didn't use in making the map"

Congratulations, you just created a paradox.
You put all creeps there which you didn't use in the map before.
But because you placed them there, you did use them in the map so they should be removed.
But if you remove them, you did not use them and have to place them again.
etc...

About your map:
  • The terrain is very bad (all blizzard cliffs, low tile variation, nearly no doodads).
  • Remove the "thanks" from the terrain.
  • Change the map's name.
  • Contains uncredited material (no credits in-game).
  • Nearly all creeps are standard.
  • Standard spells.
  • At max level, you haven't learned all spells yet.
  • Triggers are very bad (see below for more information).
  • Basically this is game exists of massed standard creeps.
  • Extremely easy (guess how much damage the final boss did? Exactly, 0.00 - keep in mind that even if he managed to deal infinity percent more damage, I could still ressurect... that's right, he had to deal two times infinity percent damage to be able to kill me).
  • The item sell values are messed up (e.g.: serathil can be sold for 2.75k while a better item can be bought for 1.5k).
  • The distances... they're long.
  • Not a very interesting gameplay: you just have to kill some massed units while being overpowered.

Triggers:

• Text Str
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads < Str at (Center of Text Str <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Text Agi
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ^ Agi at (Center of Text Agi <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Text Int
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Int > at (Center of Text Int <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Tell me, was it that hard to combine these triggers?
You know, copy/paste the actions into a single trigger.

And it's not only about those triggers: you can only have 1 trigger with the event "Map Initialization".
Ohh, and the triggers shown above leak.

• Player 1 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 1 (Red) from (Last created leaderboard)
  • Player 2 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 2 (Blue) from (Last created leaderboard)
  • Player 3 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 3 (Teal) from (Last created leaderboard)
  • Player 4 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 4 (Purple) from (Last created leaderboard)
  • Player 5 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 5 (Yellow) from (Last created leaderboard)
  • Player 6 Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove Player 6 (Orange) from (Last created leaderboard)
Wow, massive amount of triggers, isn't it?
Here's how anyone with a low amount of triggering skills would've done it:

• Player Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Leaderboard - Remove (Triggering player) from (Last created leaderboard)
That's all 6 triggers combined.
That's efficient.

Learn how to trigger more efficiently and how to remove memory leaks.

Level 12
like I said this is my first map. Kinda expected the suckyness but I will improve in the next map i make
If it's your first map you should have posted it in map development instead of using "it's my first map" as your excuse for posting this in the maps section. New map makers ought to learn the ropes and receive feedback before attempting any real projects to be uploaded onto the Hive's map section; for the benefit of yourself and to save time for our beloved map moderators.

I look forward to the success of your next project.

Level 3
If it's your first map you should have posted it in map development instead of using "it's my first map" as your excuse for posting this in the maps section. New map makers ought to learn the ropes and receive feedback before attempting any real projects to be uploaded onto the Hive's map section; for the benefit of yourself and to save time for our beloved map moderators.

I look forward to the success of your next project.

yeah your right. next time I will spend more time testing and upload there