• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GryphonRaider

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a model I sort of half finished awhile ago and forgot about but now I've finished it off I was going to place this in the skins section but I modified the model as well so... This model is based on the "Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade" mount from WOW. I've tested it in'game and works. Please tell me if you find any bugs. Enjoy!

Keywords:
Undead, Wow, World of Warcraft, Scourge, Lich King, Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade, Death Knight
Contents

GryphonRaider (Model)

GryphonRaider (Model)

Reviews
10:51, 23rd Dec 2013 Misha: hmm.. i would totally suggest you to rework this to; 1) use ingame textures; and 2) to have an actual bone-like mesh to go with the bone textures. it really doesn't have a good feel at the moment

M

10:51, 23rd Dec 2013
Misha: hmm.. i would totally suggest you to rework this to; 1) use ingame textures; and 2) to have an actual bone-like mesh to go with the bone textures.

it really doesn't have a good feel at the moment

This is an interesting idea, but it definitely could have been done with in-game textures. There are tons of textures with bones, some even with exactly the same style as these. If you're going to use a custom texture, you should use one that doesn't look like something in-game, in order to accomplish something that in-game textures could not, to have a unique style. But what you did here was use a custom texture just because you were too lazy to wrap the model or didn't know how to.

Still, I can see that you're new around here. This is certainly better than the first things a lot of us uploaded. Keep working, and before long you will have yourself an approved model. Just take a look around the forums and the tutorials, even use the chat, and learn how to change the wrap of a model. It is very important to know how to wrap; that opens up so many more possibilities and also allows you to be more efficient in terms of file size.