• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Group Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have large map with many quests. I correct most of the leaks and still was memory problem. I think that have to do something with a player group. I hear that all players don't doing memory leaks. Does when I do variable player group for all players and player for player green and used that for floating text and dialogs will sort the problem. Do I have to destroy group after I use variable for player green

• Set PlayerGroup = (All players)
  • Set Player = Player 7 (Green)
  • Camera - Apply Heroes beginning <gen> for Player over 0.00 seconds
  • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for PlayerGroup
  • Game - Display to PlayerGroup the text: |cff32cd32Youn can ...
  • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

Level 5
Do I have have do trigger with time at 0.00 time elapsed with player group or just putted into initiation but in the end initiation I have
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

Level 5
I have one more question about waits. I deleted waits from actions but does is save to use them in dialogs like this one
  • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Triggering unit) named The Hero: Play No sound and display I have all of the i.... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait

The wait that cinematic transmissions use are exactly the same as the "Wait X seconds" function in GUI.

It is up to you. Yes, it is perfectly safe. However, if your trigger might run multiple times at the same time, then you have to worry about instancability.

See:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/mui-triggers-waits-218354/

And the inaccuracy of waits really depends on how long the wait is. In general, you would expect a deviation of ~0.250 seconds at most, which for a 5 second wait is +-5%, which is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.