1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take part in forum poll and decide the winner of Icon Contest #16!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice

GroundWalker_TwinGun

Submitted by jk2pach
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A unit model for modern or futurist warfare.

Please give credit if used.

Updates
28/01/2010: New version

Keywords:
walker, bipod, modern, mechanic, war, marine, machinegun, gun, mech, mechwarrior
Contents

GroundWalker_TwinGun (Model)

Reviews
19:07, 31st Jan 2010 DonDustin: nice futuristic model. The amount of variations you made is a plus too
  1. Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    19:07, 31st Jan 2010
    DonDustin: nice futuristic model. The amount of variations you made is a plus too

2. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    wow..... rofl dude. I dont know how you did this, but you really messed up the stand animation. You have a duplicate geoset of the marine "driver" in the cockpit and on the stand animation, the 2 duplicate geosets move in different directions so it gives it a very "LSD-esq" afterimage effect. Delete on of the geosets.
    Interesting idea, making the headlight a sort of status icon.
    I would like to see you put more work into this model as this is obviously your "AATURRET2 Model but with legs. or vice-versa. and the only thing connecting the legs to the body is a very thing square plate.
    You REALLY like that wheel-connector piece of the steamtank geoset. because i would say that damn near 50% if not more of this model is the same geoset over and over again. and they are all quite poorly geomerged into each other, wireframes colliding and overall just looking sloppy
    the death and decay seemed creative, those animations have potential, but the legs go apeshit-crazy when it explodes, but you should really make the model disappear or fall underground at the end of the decay animation, like all the other wc3 models, otherwise the geoset will remain on the field ingame and be in everyone's way and be an overall very annoying line of sight blocker.
    the walk animation is...promising... in a way. it doesnt look good at the moment, but im sure if you tweaked it a bit, it would come out much better. right now it looks like a chicken-head-bobbin', swimmer. the legs aren't really making contact with the ground so much as they are sliding through the ground.
    .... overall, this needs a lot of improvement

3. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Do basically everything archy said, and also make the head bigger. It currently makes the model look retarded. You shouldn't use a square as the base. But, if you enlarge the head, it will cover it up. Otherwise, this will never get approved. Like, ever.

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    l-o-l. :D

yeah.. fix all the weirddd things

5. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    LOL
    Maybe it's supposed like this.
    For making an effect, like this blue what protects the marine is like a plasma/water.

6. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  7. Kwanz4

Kwanz4

Resources:
    Resources:
    For now, I will give this a 3/5. It's ok, but it's nothing that great. It's a good concept though.

8. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    so you ONLY changed 1 thing? you got rid of the thin-plate pelvis and opted for a BOX.... of all the things you needed to fix :/ there is still a double geoset of the marine, the legs are still going crazy on the death and decay animations, the walk animation still needs work, and the legs are completely uneven. When you look at it head on, the left leg is shorter than the right leg AND it's crooked. I dont see why you updated it without fixing these other problems

9. Evillizard

Evillizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    That armor is too strong for our blasters!

10. RushHour

RushHour

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. TheGodOfIron

TheGodOfIron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This idea isn't original but I'll clap for the effort you put in to make this model.
    However, please fix all the strange things etc. (As stated by anarchianbedlam, I don't like repeating things that are almost the same)

12. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well i am very glad to see tha you are trying very hard to fix this. This last update is better. but there are still some problems. I am glad that you fixed the crazy-movement of the legs on the death and decay, both death and decay animations seem fine now. The new legs look.... alright, the feet are a bit flat but overall fine. The only thing that needs fixing on the legs now is the UV wrap, right now, the legs are only UV wrapped on one side, (you probably used the extrude tool, didnt you) Well, because of this, the front and top of the legs look horrible and the texture on it is stretched, please UV map that because right now that part looks terrible. You managed to fix that "trippy" effect on the stand animation when the 2 geosets of the marine move at different times. HOWEVER the DUPLICATE geoset is STILL there, it is taking up precious KB space. Also, try to remove some other unnecessary geoset data, 157KB is very large for a model like this. And finally, the walk animation needs a lot more work... still. It looks even worse now with the new legs, the feet and completely punching through the ground. it's not walking, it is pedaling a bicycle.

ALSO: instead of spending so much time updating every single variation of this model, (twingun, minigun, rocketpod etc) just work on fixing one model at a time, and submit it, and see if there is ANYTHING ELSE that you need to fix, before applying those changes to all the other models and then having to change them all again.

This model is getting better, just fix those problems and im sure that you will have a great model in no time

13. jk2pach

jk2pach

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dit not used the extrude tool. I'm simply hard bad on UVMapping :)

Twin marine geoset: needed for the pilote ejection.
    For those models, I could ban him. But not for the complete model GroundWalker_Heavy.
    But after all, Warcraft Maps allow now 8GO. I'm like you, I like light models, but actually @the moment I want to make better models than my Stars one, which are light.

Walk animations: Trying to do like the AT-ST Walkers in Starwars, but the movement is hard to reproduce ^^

Other models: they are all submodels of the walker called GroundWalker_Heavy (no idea why he does not appear on the last update models, but it is in my profile.

So: fix GroundWalker_Heavy is what I do. Other models needs only geoset removing+animation deleting+Mdlvis optimization, so 10 minute per model after I finish the GroundWalker_Heavy

14. RushHour

RushHour

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool update=)