• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Grendel's skin wips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
30jipll.jpg

more will be coming...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Your skins here have quality details, but none have much overall definition. Seen at a distance, they just blend into indistinct mush. I'd recommend taking a more balanced approach, keeping the WC3 style of overall/distance definition and less contrasty but still carefully-made "hero model" detailing.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The Ghoul's claws should remain brown, they are claws after all. The Abomination doesn't have a lot of quality, in my opinion, it would be preferable to have something amidst the original version and what you did.
The other two reskins look great, the Dreadlord looks very original, good job.

Level 18
Ghoul takes the claw texture from forehead. So that place is kinda tricky to make the claws look actually good. So i think the ghoul is excellent, because there's no reason to ask to make the claws different as that would ruin the face.

The Abomination really needs some color as mentioned before he looks kind of dull. And those teeth things really look strange, but oh well. And uhm... What's with that ass? I really think that's a bit too much. As for the Cleavers, i think abominations shouldnt be wielding anything that special, i think more normal cleavers would be better, but this is your way of doing it, so i am not telling you what to do.

The deathknight's mount's head looks a bit odd as it has no muscles on it, but i guess it's allowed to look strange. I liked the deathknight overral but the eyes on his sword seem rather out of place.

And as for the dreadlord. I think that what disturbed me the most, is the unarmored hand, it looks rather.. Boring.. I think it misses something, unless the wrap destroys everything you add on the hand ofcourse.

And that lich of yours, i find it pretty neat, except for that the face is really strange, the face looks rather messy from any distance and his lack of teeth makes him look, well.. Really strange. Otherwisen you've done great job with these in my opinion

Nipah~

Status
Not open for further replies.