• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I use the name ihatehumans as a reference to the war3 race, not the often annoying but sometimes affectionate earthlings!

The story in short is:

When war3 came out you could "Call Militia" at any town hall, not just your main. This seemed balanced and worked fine, undead had creep, orcs had burrows, all was well. Then one day I got it in to my head, why not just use militia, they are cheaper than footman but just as strong and you can have twice as many. Now I'm not claiming sole credit, since it's not that big a concept to think up, but I am claiming originality (as in I didn't copy it, althouhg I might not have been the first/only). Now the idea was build only peasants, sure you had to build farms as well, and a blacksmith for upgrades, and you still built a hero since they are OP (the paladin's armor bonus worked quite well, not to mention needing the divine for protection). It worked amazingly well, no need to micro several different unit types, no need for complicated macro, just walk to their base with like 50 peasants, build a town hall in like 10 seconds and watch as you opponents get decimated by angry little farmers lol. I thought it was balanced, the strat got owned if you opponents could catch you on the way to their base and decimate your initial assault, then tech to air and GFG. But Blizzard decided it wasn't in the spirit of the game (obviously they are against the people's army, damn anti-communist bastards!) and nerfed call militia to only your main town hall. So after this I tried to play humans normally, since they were the race I knew best, BIG MISTAKE! With out my awesome OP militia strat I was noob and weak, so slowly I grew to hate my once loved humans! I made the account ihatehumans and vowed never to play war3 melee again, which brought me to the wonderful world of custom war3 maps!

Now these days I play mostly DotA, and work on various custom map projects. I am VERY excited about SC2 since it is going to mean way easier, better map making, and I prefer futuristic settings over fantasy settings. I am actually looking forward to League of Legends more though, since I am in the closed Beta and I LOOOOVVVE Beta testing!

My current projects are a small 8 player troll tribes game, more fast paced with less content than your usual troll tribes. A marine survival map that is very shoddy and more for teh lols. Most importantly:

Poplicant!!!

An Epic Fantasy ORPG.

This is my major project that I've been working on for over a year, it is both my first and most latest project. The environment is stunning, I've spent a lot of effort making sure it looks great, although it's not as fanciful as some of those maps solely designed for looks. The hero's and abilities are very inspired and are really cool, once again a lot of effort but not as cool as some that are made solely for being cool. The story line is fairly good, it's still in the works but you get a good feeling because of all the little additions of flavor in the game (like random hero talk and item flavor text).

Well that's all. Feel free to PM me anyone who has read this and has any questions, comments or suggestions :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.