• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greetings - Importing Model Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I have an Issue with imported models. I downloaded some cool custom models and I "uploaded" them to the Wc3 World editor. I just have one problem. The first model I uploaded and put on a model worked totally fine.
Then I tryed to do the same with a second model, but that doesnt work at all. It says "Model bla bla bla, cannot be found". Both are MDX files. I dont know what to do. Also I wonder, How many custom models is it smart to have in a map? I see that the map size increases alot with alot of added models.

Level 1
Welcome to The Hive Workshop :)

1)
Perhaps you've written the wrong texture path ?
2)
If your map is a multiplayer one, then make shure it doesen't cross 4Mb of size.

Hey and thanks, well I put the model files in the exact same folder, and made sure the path was the same, ive made a folder called Custom in wc3 and the second folder called Panda then a new folder called PandaK (pandaknight)

Then i wrote Custom\Panda\PandaK\(default model name or whatever)
Strange thing is is that the previouse model has the exact same path, but i only uploaded the MDX file not the other files, they dont need to tag along do they?, Might the model just be "broken"?

Level 6
i can give you a tip :

in war3 directory create folder war3mapimported and put all your models there , so you don't need to change link. There are some models that don't work without textures , so you must put there textures too. Import all (except readmes) files in the model file... You NEED to import ALL textures to work really cool and properly :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.