1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Green Circle TD Gold v1.8

Submitted by Dr Super Good
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ever thought Green Circle TD had so much potential that was never reached? Ever found it lame how people were always ruining Green Circle TD with bad ballence and poorly made towers?

If so then this is the map for you! Green Circle TD with all the crap and bugs removed.

I got the core map of Green Circle TD, deleted all the badly made crap, removed the leaks, fixed broken or buggy systems, optimized the existing content, added new content and provided support for much more to come.

So what makes Gold version special?
Most of the triggering in the map is now done using JASS.
All tooltips for all towers have been remade to look more professional (although some still are not finished yet).
Sell towers now returns 100% of the gold spent to make the tower always with no bugs (thanks to captian griffen).
Highly customizable spawn system added, made especially for this map by me.
Additional useful commands added like "-next" and "-wave #" which can be used to inform you about certain waves.
Hints added for beginners which can be turned off or on at will.
Tower type names standerdized and poorly made towers removed.
Helpful tooltips which give more detail about towers.
3 Difficulty modes chosen from by a dialog voting system, each alters more than just invader life.
Dropper support, whereby all their towers are sold and their net worth divided equally amongst the remaining players.
Reworked some waves to include more varience between rounds (although only early on).
Overall general optimizations aimed at boosting performance on PCs with limated processing recources.
Damage / armor reductions adjusted to give certain towers weaknesses and strengths.
All towers are garunteed to function like stated.
Optimized map is smaller than orignal Green Circle TDs.

So what is still to be done?
Adjust tower and wave stats.
Ballence towers to allow for more functional stratergies.
Add more abilities to the tower summoners (which are triggered).
Optimize the rest of the wave movement system further.
Add research upgrades.
Add additional content (based on feedback)
And last but not least, get some feedback as your the players, not me (well I play a bit).

Change Log

1.7.1 -> 1.8
- Added "-buffer #" command to allow the configuration of the number of corpses played. (0 will result in all units being removed as they die).
- Adjusted some towers and waves based on feedback.
- Changed the robustness of some of the triggers.
- Adjusted wave spawn number to reduce lag.
- Added new intense difficulty for hardcore people.
- Added buildings which will be used in the future for upgrades.

1.6 -> 1.7
- Added '-evict' command to combat people acting stupid near your spawn.
- Reballenced some waves.
- Reworked Aura tower build structure and cost.
- Added snowman tower back into frost tower chain (now is like all other frost towers).
- Fixed minor bugs with interface text and TKing towers.
- Fixed aura bug resulting in auras not affecting towers.

1.5 -> 1.6
- Finished tool tips.
- Changed minimap.
- Added the auto blink ability to the tower summoners.
- Starting captial now varies with player number.
- Improved terrain.
- Fixed frost / poision invader lockdown bug.
- Reworked hotkey system so now all towers are upgradable by .
- Optimized movement system some more, also fixed minor but whereby the random
- Pathways were weighted more heavily to one dirrection than the other ( fixed).

Credits
Largly to me, Dr Super Good, as a lot of the triggers were rewriten, all the new tooltips were made, and any new content was added by me.
Captain Griffen for his TD sell system which is used in this map.
And all the previous makers who still have content they added used in this map. I would kindly give some credit to them but the version I based this on was lacking any clear orignal maker.

I would like to emphisise that I did not make this version from scratch, it is based on a map made by a lot of other people which I purly modified with time and effort. The base map was open source and thus this map is also open source, the version available for download is optimized for playing comfort, however an unoptimized version is available.

Enjoy, and helpful comments / feedback is welcome as it will hopefully allow me to improve this map.

Keywords:
nature, tower defence, optimized, small, waves, towers
Contents

Green Circle TD Gold v1.8 (Map)

Reviews
22:45, 23rd Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 22:45, 23rd Feb 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fourth public realse of this map series version. Have fun. . .

I really need feedback to help improve it as the concept was not orignally my idea but one I abdopted. Thus if you have any sugestions, feel free to say them here (or PM me them if needed).

Below is the unoptimized and thus editable version of this map.
    JNGP

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1 thing I don't understand is, why they call it circle TD.

I would try to review it ASAP.

4. Drag0nMast3r

Drag0nMast3r

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it, exept it makes my comp lagg after a while

5. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Terrain - The massive use of blizzard cliff make the edge of this TD look ugly. However, it was a exception for having such a ugly terrain for such a genre.

Scripting/Triggering - I doesn't view all those scripting/triggering. But I can said it was a good job, seems like you use vjass even for something as simple as hint display.

Infact, I hardly experience any lag at single player compare to the other Green Circle TD I ever play.

Description - Well describe both in site and map although there is a lot of typo errors. However, a quest log could help user even more.

Add a quest log such as telling user how to use -wave, -immune, -air and etc etc so it would be better than a hint that show random tips every 2 minutes.

Bugs - Air Tower hotkey "A" clash with attack hotkey. Sell structure ability does not have any hotkey. Speed tower and damage tower upgrade tooltips does not show any hotkey.

Suggestion - Don't use different colour for tooltips. It was very difficult to seen which is hotkey and which it isn't. For example, chaos tower tooltips was in yellow colour while the hotkey is in orange-yellow makes it difficult to be view.

Also, use U as the upgrade hotkey. It is better than having each tower with different hotkey upgrade.

Enable user to have more than 800 gold at hard/insane mode if they are playing alone. I kinda loves to play Green Circle TD alone by covering the entire spawn point, but 800 gold doesn't permit me to cover the entire lane.

Normal mode should be rename as Easy mode, it was way too easy to be consider as normal. However, I was playing alone; so alone might be easier than playing as team.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=idaojv

Take a look at the replay to see how easy it was.

Overall, the hotkey and tooltips need to be fix. Apart from that, it was the most lagless and bug free Green Circle TD I ever play soo far.

For those who want to play a green circle td that show little to almost no lag at all, this td definitely the best choice for you.

I cannot said anything regarding the balance issue since I only play normal mode. Overall, my rating is 4/5 (Recommend).

This is also a fine example of a map with a effecient coding, where all beginner in map making could learn from it.

6. T-s-G

T-s-G

Resources:
    Resources:
    CIRCLE TD? xD
    Square TD wud fit way better xD

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for pointing out the Air tower hotkey bug, its obvious that was inherit and I did not notice it lol.
    All towers should show and have hotkeys, not seeing them is probably due to poor colour contrast on the display but yes, the chaos and destruction ones are hardish to see. I may remove the colour from them, I only had them because the orignals did.

Good idea, it will also fix a lot of the problem with seeing the tooltips.

Was planning that there was a global pool of 6400 gold at the start, which is divided equally amongst the players who are present.

Good idea, I also will rework the hint system to reduce repetition of hints.

Again, this is inherit from the map I based it on, where those were the names given for the difficulties. However the system is made so that adjusting the names is easy.

I especially did this, to prevent accidental sales of towers which once happened to me and I do not plan to add a hotkey. I however am planning to add eventually the ability to "phase" a tower which will have a hotkey and it will equivently sell the tower but the tower will exist in an inactive state allowing you to build another tower and reactivate it later (ofcourse only with the needed funding) allowing for better user of tower type during rounds.

The only reason the other were hard was because they used to overload the pathing system and so you could lose just with the spawns between point and corner.

I also may add an auto teleport system for the workers to allow for better single player gamming.

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually, according to blizzard standard. "U" is the hotkey for tower upgrade. :p

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    UPDATE. . .
    I hope you enjoy the new content I added and the fixes I made.

10. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The same recources are available in multiplayer, thus you porbably have proved that it is impossiable to win currently.

I will increase the cost of aura towers greatly as currently they are far too cheap for their effect late game (90% more shots doing 90% more damage over doubles the power of a tower yet cost in total a lot less than the final upgrade).
    Secondly I will adjust wave 4 or 5 a bit, as it seems even on easy that it hickups there a bit difficulty wise.
    I also need to make midgame waves harder and weacon the first boss round.
    Finally I need to make the final wave tougher, probably by makinging them immune to slow.

But honestly, it is hard to improve a map with so little feedback help, 131 downloads and only 1 person has actually been giving me helpful feedback.

12. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    insane mode suppose to be possible as well, making it impossible beat the purpose of it.

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Update

It is not meant to be impossiable (it is meant to be doable), just the ballence needs quite a lot of work.

Anyway, new version is out. There has been quite a number of changes which I hope people enjoy. I still need to add another ability to the summoners thoe.

For the note, incase you wander what happened to 1.7, there was a major game breaking glitch resulting in aura towers not affecting the towers. Only a hand full of people were affected by this broken version but luckilly this has been resolved in 1.7.1.

14. FirefoX

FirefoX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dunno why you call it circle - it looks more like square ^^

15. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    did you fix the balance? XD

16. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well I have tried....
    Its very hard having to guess what is ballenced or not due to lack of people actually playing it.

17. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll try it out in a bit DSG.

18. dansaDisco

dansaDisco

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Tried it out, 2 games.

First of all, poison is way to OP until the very-late game.

Just poison and ice tower will get you extremely far in the game.

Also, we had a number of 900 invaders, we didn't get any loose message and kept playing until it was under 700 again.

Siege is to weak as well.

Other than that, I love that it doesn't lag a lot like all the other versions. But it becomes boring when you can just rush a lvl 8 poison tower and then idle for half of the game.'

(we played on normal difficulty btw)

And well, the infernal boss round was extremely tough, if you didn't have a chaos tower maxed out by the, basically you couldn't kill a single one.

19. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I told you this on b.net but I think you were afk. It didn't lag for me hardly any until the last 4 rounds of the game. It was pretty bad too and I have 2G RAM and a Radeon ATI Mobility x1400 graphics card.

Also, we never got defeated with at least 700 units at the end of the round.