• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Great Dungeon Escape

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
MINI GAME

Map Description

This is my entry to the Mini-game Mapping Contest #4. I would just like to upload this map here.

Gameplay

What you will just do is to escape from the four room levels.
Level 1 - The finding of the Orb. Be careful with the barrel of explosives, they will let you fail to succeed.
Level 2 - The key. The fire will harm you, be careful. Find the key to open the first gate.
Level 3 - The Gate Keeper. Seek for the help of the gate keeper.
Level 4 - Final Level. Find the Archmage Ghost and talk to him for the words needed to unhide the ramp.

Credits

Thanks to the Models of the following persons:
1. Taylor_Mouse - the Nazgul (used as Demon)
2.CloudWolf; Sellenisko - Demon Hunter III (used as GateKeeper)
Keywords:
escape, dungeon escape, the escape, great escapes, great dungeon escape
Contents

Great Dungeon Escape (Map)

Reviews
13:35, 16th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Review: Gameplay: The map is really fast paced due to the immense amount of units being spawned and hunting you down while you look for a way out. However it's almost impossible to do this...

M

13:35, 16th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:
Review:

Gameplay:

The map is really fast paced due to the immense amount of units being spawned and hunting you down while you look for a way out. However it's almost impossible to do this without cheat codes. You should add a unit limit.
You also have one single skill, Holy Light, I suggest you change its hotkey to Q and also edit the spell's tooltip (you can't cast it on the undead).
The puzzle ideas aren't really original and not hard at all, the first ones aren't even puzzles, you just have to destroy crates to find a specific item.
Also why does the gate keeper leave? I thought it would her job to guard the gate.

Terrain:

The terrain is very lacking, you could have used custom models for fire, rocks, falling rocks maybe, fire traps, etc.
The terrain is too empty and the fountain is placed at a weird spot. The terrain tiles could also use some variation. And the last area where the game ends is really random.

Other:

A neat loading screen and the description is also nice.
However make the character invulnerable when talking to the gate keeper.

Overall:

An acceptable fast paced puzzle game, nothing too hard or original.
Rating: 1/5

Review:

Gameplay:

The map is really fast paced due to the immense amount of units being spawned and hunting you down while you look for a way out. However it's almost impossible to do this without cheat codes. You should add a unit limit.
You also have one single skill, Holy Light, I suggest you change its hotkey to Q and also edit the spell's tooltip (you can't cast it on the undead).
The puzzle ideas aren't really original and not hard at all, the first ones aren't even puzzles, you just have to destroy crates to find a specific item.
Also why does the gate keeper leave? I thought it would her job to guard the gate.

Terrain:

The terrain is very lacking, you could have used custom models for fire, rocks, falling rocks maybe, fire traps, etc.
The terrain is too empty and the fountain is placed at a weird spot. The terrain tiles could also use some variation. And the last area where the game ends is really random.

Other:

A neat loading screen and the description is also nice.
However make the character invulnerable when talking to the gate keeper.

Overall:

An acceptable fast paced puzzle game, nothing too hard or original.
Rating: 1/5