• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grazz Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is going to be a spot where I will put all my screenshots that are worth showing to the public. So here go the first ones. Hope you enjoy them. :wwink:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

I dont like the first one the waterfall sucks it is made out of doodads u only made rise terrune abd puted waterfall doodads u dont like that.The second one is great i like it but u can add a tavern it would look bether!The third one would be bether if u puted rise of night and some fog and the sky can be dark blue...the fourth one is nothing special only bllizard cliffs and some shrubsTthe last one sucks u puted shrubs ther are no trees the ground is not good,i dont like the undead buldings.And try not to take a picture of the END OF THE WORLD!!!!

Level 5
I think the ship for the first pic looks good but the terrain ... maybe u should use more waterfalls doodad ... like put them in between the spaces where there are no water fill up the blanks and take away the trees and make the river wider !!! the second 1 looks ok jus put mre trees .. the third one you should add maybe a few of those nasty walking fishes HAHA ... but the terrain rox ... the 4th one ... im speechless kinda messed up ... the 5th one i couldnt c ... anyway tis is jus what i think ... x) YOu will improve after time =DD

Level 34
Not bad, but needs lots of work. You need to set a fog for all of them. Go to Scenario - Map Options. Than check off Use Terrain Fog. Change it to the color you want, and play with the Z start and Z end to get the perfect one.

Screen 1: You need to fix that waterfall up a lot. Make sure all the waterfall doodads are facing the right way. You have them going off at weird angles. Add rocks in amongst it the waterfalls. Use shrubs and other vegetation as well. You tile variation could use some work as well. The trees are ugly, I suggest importing some.

Screen 2: You have decent tile variation, but you can still do much better. Add grassy dirt in between the grass and the dirt, just in spots. Also have the dirt go onto the path sometimes, that path is too clean and prefect looking. Never take screens at the edge of the map if you can help it, it just looks bad. A better sky might also be needed, depends on the fog you use.

Screen 3: Best of them all. The fire looks a tad ugly, the black under it doesn't look all that great. I suggest changing the variation of the river rushes to 3 not 4. The 4th is those ugly cattails. Use the actual cattail doodad, it looks much better. Tile variation look good here, but still could be better. You need to blend it more.

Screen 4: I suggest removing this all together. The cliffs are ugly, and you just threw down plants at random. This is overall a poor terrain. Some are even floating.

Screen 5: Pretty good. I don't the like colors of the buildings, and it's fairly empty, but your use of corn of wheat doodads is good. The road is too perfect again. I suggest putting dirt and grassy dirt overlapping bits of the road.

Overall you need a fog, you need to work on tile variation (I glad to see you did a bit though!) you need to remove that ugly one. Your use of plant doodads is good though, could use more and better placing though.

Level 28
Look, I'm not a fan of the blue fire because.... it... hmm..... I've never seen blue fire in the nature... you understood. There is too glowy things there, and it doesn't looks good.

Oh, and I liked the buildings on the floating rocks!

You have to train more about terrainning. But it is good... Do never stop training!

Level 34
If you make the three units small I think it will improve your terrain a lot. Make them size .40 or so.

Level 24
1. Trees doesnt grow in waterfalls
2. water just doesnt pop up out of the sky
3. blue fire looks awesome (sarcasm)
4. dont mass shrubs
5. do not use lordearon tilesets for terraining
6. the path on the illidan screenie looks cracky and artificial
7. dont use blizz. cliffs use raise hight cliffs instead
8. why is there a fishnet under the murloc camps?
9. dont tintin doodads to much
10. use different fire models than the default (look for fire models in buff)
11. lower the rocks so u wont see the flat thingies under, they look horrible
12. download THW's ultimate terraining map
13. i like pie...
14. use the smoothener tool on raised cliffs.
15. why did u place such high contrasts on ur screenies? (like nice human statues tintin'ed red and a lovely cobble path in brown togheter with 2 ziggurats)
16. ur creative atleast
17. the human buildings on top of the floating rocks is a cool idea
18. good that u added illidans tracks
19. blood mage got green fireballs :grin:
20. cool idea with the purple wisps
21. dont use terrain fog, only use scenario fog in map options!
22. work on the realistic settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.