• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Gray Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Having a bit of a strange bug with Direfury's Gnoll models, such as this one.

When I look at them in Magos they look just fine - texture working and everything. But when I import them into the editor, this happens.

Glitch.jpg

All his gnoll models have a shared texture and they're all doing this. I tried messing around with the material settings in Magos but nothing really worked. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WC3 considers the texture invalid apparently. I am not too sure why but apparently mipmap level 5 (8*8 pixels) has the following problem...
JPEG warning: Truncated File - Missing EOI marker.

In any case I have attached a fixed version of the texture and a demonstration import map. Do note that this version of the texture was made using Imperial BLP so uses WC3 default JPEG quality settings, which may or may not be the wishes of the texture author.

Attachments

• The_Warchief Import Demo.w3x
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Direfury_GnollSharedFixed.blp
    63.6 KB · Views: 57

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
He did say to go ahead and edit it as needed, so long as he was credited. I think getting the texture to work in my map at all can be considered "as needed," haha. Thanks again!
Do not worry I will work with him to get it sorted out. I am pretty sure he, and even the reviewers who approved it, were not aware there is a problem with the texture. Likely a case of it working in old Warcraft III but broken by one of the recent updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.