• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Bug Texture Ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello!

I have a problem importing this texture Scarlet Crusade Commander.blp The model looks fine when I open it with Magos, see image below :
garithos1-png.267591

But strangly in-game it look like this, see image below :
garithos2-png.267592

I did not edit the texture neither the model, but for some reason the texture of this model gets buged.
I hope someone can help me please?

Attachments

• Garithos1.png
    Garithos1.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Garithos2.png
    Garithos2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
Level 21
Quickly compared the original LordGarithos skin to this one and it seems that the alpha channel is messed up - resulting in ugly texture clipping.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Quickly compared the original LordGarithos skin to this one and it seems that the alpha channel is messed up - resulting in ugly texture clipping.
Nope alpha is fine.

Actual problem is inconsistent mipmaps. The mipmap images of the texture do not reflect being created by filtering and down-sampling the full scale image. As such texture features such as alpha and patterns change as the mipmap level being used for a fragment changes.

Here is a fixed version, created using Imperial BLP by opening the broken blp and saving it as a new blp file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.