• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gravity Sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
My latest terrain.

"Orc Hunter: I found this great wonder while searching the woods for animals to slay. It looks like the wizards of Dalaran have some great secrets to be revealed..."

Attachments

• Gravity Sphere.jpg
    Gravity Sphere.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 356
Level 19
itz teh magicz!
pretty nice :D but the trim grass is hurting my eyes >.< and i suggest u make some moar trees in teh background
and u stole those falling rocks from me D: u little hmmmm >.<

Level 36
That my friend raid1000 is not falling rocks, its leviating rocks, their flaoting, and thats the point of the whole terrain :p Also, what about the trimmed grass... Dont you think the wizards of Dalaran want it nice around themselves?! :p

And truely, this IS "teh magikz!" xD

Level 34
I think you should reconsider your 'sphere', because a sphere is? Yes kids, ROUND. And your not-round sphere is too simple in my eyes, everyone can make a dome (including a dome under it) that is made out of archways. I do it a lot in my roleplay games.

Level 36
I didnt find any way of making it more round than this. Sorry. And the "Sphere" title is but an expression, to give the thing a NAME. You know, you can for instance call a car "Panther" yet it doesnt look like one, same thing here. Really, And maybe I will update it a bit sooner or later, We'll see...

Also, the fact that "everyone can make it" is really much irrelevant.. You could say that about many things in many terrains, its not about its simplisity in all cases, its about how you use it and place the stuff... Its like saying: everyone can make a wood. But I will consider changing it to make it look better.

Level 36
If you lower the arches on top so that the bottom of them is where the curved bit of the bottom arches is, it will look more spherical. I also suggest you tint the arches.

I thought about this.. But I cant be able to select only the top ones, if I do so, the lower ones also gets selected... Any ideas on how to change this?

And thegreatsmite, what tree? You talking about the angled one? Well, its a tree cought in the gravity, thus it is flaoting... geez... Why cant anyone see that?! :p

Level 34
I like the floating rocks, nice touch!

The environment could use a little work. Some of the shades on the colors clash, a thicker fog or a large glow doodad would fix that.

I also don't care for the grass around the... thing, but that's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.