1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Graphics Issue Adressed! Kinda..

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by cheesdude, Aug 6, 2008.

1. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pfff, that article didn't adress nor oversized armor, neither crayon-smuggled textures...

3. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So... basically, all he agreed with is: no more rainbows, and everything else is rejected?

4. Moontraveler

Moontraveler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And what if you are one of the people who think the fan edits look better?

5. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, this one is easy. You get a Big Bowl of STFU straight in your face from the multi-mass WoWtard-league. Blizzard aka theguyswhomadeWoW care for sh1t, regarding this subject.

6. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    So basically he is constantly saying "well, you can't tell the creatures apart". Well in my opinnion you can, atleast in that Necromancer's image edit.

7. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    so... 60 thousand signatures on that petition will be pushed aside cause the game is already "dark" enough for those who have played wow...
    that sux! it's diablo, the lord of terror, not diablo, lord of rainbows and bunnies ffs...

8. The Curse

The Curse

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    O_O The altered images really do look A LOT more realistic. Especially in this.

Too bad it probably won't make it.

9. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Diablo 3 does need to be darker...Sure I love it so far...But this is made for Diablo fans.

NOT for mommy's little boy who will pee his pants if his paladin doesn't look like a pastel Arnold Schwarzenegger covered in gold foil like his WoW character, attacking a bright red cow, while walking through a blue and green flamey Hell with purple blood splashed on the walls.

One reason I hate wc3 demons....they dont even LOOK like demons...they look like...something completely different.

10. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aside from the doomguard? But I agree, too cartoony.

11. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    I feel like half of you haven't even read the damn thing.

Your demands are unrealistic. Suck it up. Blizzard is going to make the game the way they want to, not the way a bunch of whiners want to. You want dark graphics? Go play diablo 2. I don't want another diablo 2. I want diablo 3. It's too cartoony? It's a fucking game, please.

And you know what? When the game comes out and your little petition fails, every single one of you is going to buy the game anyway. So why bother? Why waste everyone's time? Just sit and wait for it.

12. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I agree with cheesdude.

13. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you read what the graphics director said, then you'll know achieving the look in the pictures is impossible.
    Remember: D2 was a 2D sprites game, this is a 3D game with models and lighting. Creating the noisy, dark effect isn't as easy without making it look like shit.
    --donut3.5--

14. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    OR I could just torrent it.

15. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right cheesdude, but, since I'm gonna spend sooo many hours playing it, I would really like to get the right feeling, so I signed the petition, but too bad it got rejected.

16. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Too bad 75% of Diablo's fun is online. Good luck without or cd-key.

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I like the new graphics, they are a step in the right direction. Diablo II was boring visually. Basically "Oh another room, it looks like the last 16000 I have been in". Diablo II lacked any variation at all and overall bored the hell out of you visually. Really no one played D2 for the visuals, they played for the fighting and engine. I mean online what do you hear, "How cool worldstone keep looks?" no, you hear "How fast can you teleport through that hell hole to the throne room?". Basically no one gives a dam about the graphics in D2.

D3's promises to be a great improvement. It still will not matter and will probably be ignored but as a player you yourself can say "How great the environment looks" and "How cool that statue looks" and "How great the random destroyables are". The rooms would be worth seing and not be exactly identical to other rooms you saw 10 rooms ago.

Basically this whole graphic's not being retarded enough is hype. Sprite games were easy to make look boring and dark with crap lighting and the same rooms, while full 3D games do not need to look bad. Yes, their textures do not look like they came from TES oblivion but that what will make it unique. The "crayoned" textures are probably more detailed than a whole area in D2 and will not date half as badly as D2 did in 7 years time.

The entire brightened idea is great, it enables you to see properly. Also I can assure you that D3 will preform better than D2 in direct X mode on new nvidia cards. Really the people who are saying it is bad are eithor RPG fanboys who never played online or people who think it is cool to hate.

Also WTF is the point of adding noise? This is 3D, noise is redundant unless its part of an ability or aura.

Realistic lighting is like 10000+ times more demanding than the crappy lighting D2 used. So unless you plan to buy 2000$ worth of PC or to have the same crappy lighting, do not expect them to add it.

18. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard brings out amazing new graphics with corpses falling off the bridge and splashing in the water, and walls of zombies. Then everybody nit picks every little thing they don't like and say blizzard should do this, or blizzard should do that. MAKE UR OWN DAMN GAME THEN! Blizzard makes games that they would want to play. If you don't like it then you don't have to go to hell (Cool twist of words huh?)

19. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too bad even Diablo II had Private Servers.

20. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's an ONLINE PETITION. There was never any QUESTION of whether or not Blizzard was going to reject it

NO ONE takes online petitions seriously. No one at all

Personally, I don't see the damn problem. They look fine to me