• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Graphics Issue Adressed! Kinda..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So basically he is constantly saying "well, you can't tell the creatures apart". Well in my opinnion you can, atleast in that Necromancer's image edit.

Level 35
Diablo 3 does need to be darker...Sure I love it so far...But this is made for Diablo fans.

NOT for mommy's little boy who will pee his pants if his paladin doesn't look like a pastel Arnold Schwarzenegger covered in gold foil like his WoW character, attacking a bright red cow, while walking through a blue and green flamey Hell with purple blood splashed on the walls.

One reason I hate wc3 demons....they dont even LOOK like demons...they look like...something completely different.

Level 9
I feel like half of you haven't even read the damn thing.

Your demands are unrealistic. Suck it up. Blizzard is going to make the game the way they want to, not the way a bunch of whiners want to. You want dark graphics? Go play diablo 2. I don't want another diablo 2. I want diablo 3. It's too cartoony? It's a fucking game, please.

And you know what? When the game comes out and your little petition fails, every single one of you is going to buy the game anyway. So why bother? Why waste everyone's time? Just sit and wait for it.

Level 13
And you know what? When the game comes out and your little petition fails, every single one of you is going to buy the game anyway. So why bother? Why waste everyone's time? Just sit and wait for it.
OR I could just torrent it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I like the new graphics, they are a step in the right direction. Diablo II was boring visually. Basically "Oh another room, it looks like the last 16000 I have been in". Diablo II lacked any variation at all and overall bored the hell out of you visually. Really no one played D2 for the visuals, they played for the fighting and engine. I mean online what do you hear, "How cool worldstone keep looks?" no, you hear "How fast can you teleport through that hell hole to the throne room?". Basically no one gives a dam about the graphics in D2.

D3's promises to be a great improvement. It still will not matter and will probably be ignored but as a player you yourself can say "How great the environment looks" and "How cool that statue looks" and "How great the random destroyables are". The rooms would be worth seing and not be exactly identical to other rooms you saw 10 rooms ago.

Basically this whole graphic's not being retarded enough is hype. Sprite games were easy to make look boring and dark with crap lighting and the same rooms, while full 3D games do not need to look bad. Yes, their textures do not look like they came from TES oblivion but that what will make it unique. The "crayoned" textures are probably more detailed than a whole area in D2 and will not date half as badly as D2 did in 7 years time.

The entire brightened idea is great, it enables you to see properly. Also I can assure you that D3 will preform better than D2 in direct X mode on new nvidia cards. Really the people who are saying it is bad are eithor RPG fanboys who never played online or people who think it is cool to hate.

Also WTF is the point of adding noise? This is 3D, noise is redundant unless its part of an ability or aura.

Realistic lighting is like 10000+ times more demanding than the crappy lighting D2 used. So unless you plan to buy 2000$ worth of PC or to have the same crappy lighting, do not expect them to add it.

Level 12
Blizzard brings out amazing new graphics with corpses falling off the bridge and splashing in the water, and walls of zombies. Then everybody nit picks every little thing they don't like and say blizzard should do this, or blizzard should do that. MAKE UR OWN DAMN GAME THEN! Blizzard makes games that they would want to play. If you don't like it then you don't have to go to hell (Cool twist of words huh?)

Level 34
One freaking rainbow in one level? People complain too much. Besides the fact that we've seen two areas, and one is perfectly fine on the dark scale, there's also the fact that Diablo2 wasn't all dark and creepy. As well the director pointed out that:

"Though it looks really cool, it’s almost impossible to do in a 3D engine because you can’t have lighting that smart and run on systems that are reasonable. If we could do that, we probably would in a few of the dungeons."

Does everyone just think he's lying and that secretly they want to turn all games into WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.