• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Got some small spell coding problems when using dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I have attempted to code a spell which is made out of stormbolt.
What I need help for: I'm unable to make the dummy unit which is summoned by the spell dissapear.

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Iceforce
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Iceforce for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummyunitzors for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 1.70 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Else - Actions
, this is the trigger. the damage does not apply, why not? can any1 tell me that? plzplz

Level 28
Well he, in fact uses it.. kinda as a missile appearing at the caster and then moving to the target point.
What makes me dizzy it that he damages an area.

If you want to damage units in x range of the targeted point, use "Pick every unit in..." and do: Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit) by x using type Spells/whatever and damage type /whatever/

Status
Not open for further replies.