• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good RPGs for PS2 these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Final Fantasy 10 and 12 (I liked 12, but lots of people don't)
Champions: Return to Arms
Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance
Bards Tale

Level 24
My favorite is Kingdom Hearts II with Ratchet and Clank III (aka Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal) as a close second.

Level 16
FfXII
Pros: good story, no love interests, just patriotism
Gambit system, something like: battle ai programming
The visuals. because it's just ps2
Replay value. (Still haven't even fought the strongest boss)
Soundtrack. Nothing left to say
Wide monster variety. (It has something like the pokedex)

Cons: no love interest( whichever you prefer)
Armor visuals doesn't change( if you think that's a problem)
Can't think of others...

I haven't played the game "Okami", but it looks amazing. It might be one you'd wanna try. Here is a gameplay preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5HzApgt5Qw

And my friend went nuts over Shadow of the Colossus. Try it.

Not sure if they are classified as "RPG's" persay (the RPG genre is kind of an ambiguous genre), but they fit the adventure/exploration/single-player action.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They still make games for the PS2 in the year 2013 when the PS4 has just come out?!

In any case, Final Fantasy 10 and 12 are about the best there is on it. If you are more young/desperate you can try Kingdom Hearts which was a pretty good action RPG according to many people.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Noticed you played through Persona 3 already, but I'm gonna recommend the Shin Megami Tensei series anyways. Persona 4 is supposed to kick ass at that.

There's also Odin Sphere I guess if you're into that.

Also I remember I liked Koudelka for PS but I never tried the sequel, Shadow Hearts, for PS2. Could be worth checking out.

Level 22
I've tried playing Kingdom Hearts II, it's enjoyable when you're playing on hard mode, the normal mode is boring. I'm not saying I'm good, it's really that easy on normal.

Level 34
I totally forgot to mention Star Ocean. I haven't played it for the PS2, but I think it was supposed to be good. The old ones can be found as emulations. They are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.