1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. And she's bought a stairway to heaven. The 6th Special Effect Contest Results are here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Golden Lands v3.1 AI [For Patch 1.29 or Higher]

Submitted by -Manuel-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
GOLDEN LANDS

Description

Golden Lands is a custom battleground that combines elements of AoS, RPG and Domination maps. His original game mode is based on dominate the opposite team by controlling points and collect resources, also has a couple of extra game types.
Can be played 5vs5 and AI is fully supported.

Game Modes

There are 3 game types at the moment; The game mode to be played is voted by each player at the beginning.
- Normal Game: Collect 3000 (by default) Resources to win the game. The game command (-rtw #) sets the number of resources needed to win, -rtw (1,2,3) .
- Last Man Standing: The teams fights each other in the center of the map, for 15 rounds the first team that kills all enemies wins the round.
- Obelisk Defend: The teams fights each other in the center of the map, for 15 rounds, every round a random team is selected as the Defender and must defend the Obelisk from the Attacker. If the Defender keeps the obelisk alive for 90 seconds win the round.​

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

FEATURES

Heroes

Choose from 30 original heroes with custom spells, the heroes are organized in Factions like (Human/Orc/Night Elf/Undead and Neutral) the Human and Orc faction are exclusive for the Horde and the Alliance respectively. Therefore they only can be chosen only in his respective side.

[​IMG]

• Upgrade the hero abilities, improving his effects or adding new ones, every ability has his own upgrade and the first upgrade that reach level 3, becomes the Superior Upgrade that adds unique effects to the ability.
    When 2 upgrades reach level 3, the 4th upgrade will be enabled.
    The upgrade for the 4th ability comes with the Mastery Specialization, the masteries offers 3 options to help the hero making his own play style. Only one mastery can be selected.
    1 point to spend in a upgrade are available every 2 levels starting from level 4, and the Masteries can be purchased in the Altar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • The Heroic Traits are special abilities that a hero can learn, there are 12 traits where the player can choose from, only one heroic trait can be selected.
    The traits are very important because they can help the hero to fulfill his role better and a good combination of traits, items and hero abilities will be determinant on the game.

[​IMG]
  • The Perks are little bonuses that a hero can learn on the levels 4,8,12,16,19.
    All of them gives bonuses like strength, intelligence, armor, damage, etc. The Perks from higher levels gives better bonuses.
    [​IMG]

Towers and Gold Mines

The Gold Mines and Towers are controllabe structures and the most important factor to win the game, the Towers provides a good place to defend and can spawn units, and the Gold Mines generates the Resources used to win the game.

• The Towers are a defensive/Offensive structure, spawns units periodically to attack enemy Towers, also the Tower is upgraded automatically if is controlled at least 10 minutes, his mana bar shows the progress.
    Every upgrade improves the their stats and adds a new unit to the spawned group. The Tower can be upgraded up to level 5.
    To controls a Tower enters the Circle of Power an remains on it for 15 seconds, while the hero is out of combat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • The Gold Mines are special structures that generate the Resources periodically, they are guarded be a group of units.
    - To control a Gold Mines is nessesary to kill all guards.
    - The gold mines are guarded by neutral hostiles (at the beginning).
    - The guard units are powerful and will be improved based on the corresponding Base level.

[​IMG]

Commanders

Each team has a unit called Commander (The Warchief for the Horde and The King for the Alliance), this unit has unique abilities that can be activated by any player.
- This abilities are clasified in 2 types, Shout and Refine. The Shout Abilities will affects all allied heroes in the map and the Refine abilities will affects all Towers and Gold Mine Guards.
- Only one ability of each type can be active at a time and shares cooldown.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Ancient Obelisk

The Ancient Obelisk its a powerful structure located in the middle of the map, it is activated since 10 minutes of the game, the players can take the control of it for 5 minutes and after that time will be able to controle again.
- To take the control of the Obelisk the player need to getting closer to it and make a click on the "Control Obelisk" Ability located in the obelisk itself.
- Takes 10 seconds to control the obelisk, when is controled emits a ray of healing every 3 seconds, this heals to a random allied hero that are in combat.​

[​IMG]

Items

There are a Tiered item system, every not normal items can be Tier-up 2 times, every level improves the item attributes and his ability.
To upgrade an item use the abilities inside the "Hero Information" ability that each hero have.
Also they have 4 types of classification (Weapon/Armor/Trinket/Magic Accesory). A hero can only carry 3 items of the same type.

• All items can be enchanted (except normal items and consumables) , adding more stats or new effects.
    - Some of the enchants are stackable(Multiple enchants of the same type in different items works)
    - A item can only be affected by one enchant at once.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  • In each side magical runes will be spawned periodically, every of them gives bonuses and special effects. Spawn every 2 min.
    [​IMG]

AI

The map supports AI players, they are sufficient enough to test the map, and help you understanding how to play the game a bit.
- The AI learns spells and cast them, also returns to heal and teleports to bases and gold mines to defend it.
- The AI upgrade his abilities and purchase items.
- The only difference between Easy,Normal and Insane its his gold lost when they die.
- Easy: 80% Gold Lost factor
- Normal: 60% Gold Lost factor
- Insane: 40% Gold Lost factor​

MORE SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

CHANGE LOG

Code (Text):
Bugs
Solved various bugs with the AI (Behavior, items, spells).
General
Fixed various tooltips typo errors.
Increased AI difficulty (Exp and Gold).
Now the AI uses the (Refine) abilities.
Now the AI uses the (War Hall) bombard ability.
The Refine and Bombard abilities AI, is disabled if a human player is the team.
Defender Squad splash attack now triggers every 5 attacks.
Removed (Shout) abilities from Commander.
Reworked some enchantments.
Now the level 20 Perk improves the enchantment effects of Weapons and Armors.
Reworked some Heroic Traits.
Heroes
New Hero: Shadow Crawler - Agility Undead
New Hero: Axe Master - Strength Orc
New Hero: Fire Reaver - Intelligence - Neutral
Balance changes.
Ability reworks.
Items
Various Item reworks.
New Item: Hunting Dagger.
New Item: Lightning Razor.

Detailed Change log

CREDITS

Judash
Tauer
Kellym0
Champara Bros
JesusHipster
dhguardianes
soulreaver6
Hermit
Ujimasa Hojo
nGy
eubz
Emergenzy
Tranquil
NewbieMapper
JetFangInferno
tobyfat50
Sellenisko
HammerFist132
PROXY
LordT
ItsMyGeneration
PeeKay
Tarrasque
Stan0033
Mike
s4nji
MarkSpartak
Shyster
BurninRose
UgoUgo
marcus158
Amigurumi
ILH
DragoonZombie
xyzier_24
-Grendel
Direfury
Callahan
PrMosquito
DarkEvil
ratamahatta
Mythic
Wolverine
Mc!
Marcelo Hossomi
Fingolfin
HungaryMaster (Magyar)
Skizzik
Spellbound
Darkholme
Hueter
Kantarion
Illidan_09
LoDown
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kyzerdrood32
NFWar
Golden-Drake
Serbianbeast
Scorpions
Eldin HawkWing
Darkfang
Maurx
Murcologist
Blizzard Entertainment

AUTHOR NOTES

Personal Thoughts

I never started a serious project on warcraft 3, therefore this is my first work released to the community. I had the idea long time ago and its evolved with the time, i like the result and I plan to continue working on the map.
With the coming of Reforged, gave me much more desire to finish it and and I'm looking forward to another project with the new era that is about to begin.
Thanks to all people that make the community that keep my beloved warcraft 3 alive.

Contents

Golden Lands v3.1 (Map)

Reviews
Alexen
ReviewGolden Lands [IMG] Key ConceptAoS - A kind of AoS which I never seen before. I like that you added plenty pieces of information.:pgrin: The loading screen is nice. Is good that you can see your hero's details well enough before choosing it. I...
Lord_Marrowgrath
Firstly I like the whole map. I think, It's based on WoW battlegrounds. Here is my review Terrain + Terrain smooth and detailed. + Less doodad and pure quality + It reminds me a wow battleground. + It fits gameplay Gameplay + Combat is non-stop. +...
Uncle
I only played one game game against AI but I have to say that everything felt really crisp and you did a great job with the terrain and UI/presentation. From what little I played the heroes seemed fairly original and their designs had a recurring...
deepstrasz
You should use another colour than the second red for team 1's AI. The first player is already red. Why does Honour have the icon of the teleportation stone? Maybe make a special box/unit where you enchant items with a finite number of inventory...
  1. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New Version 2.4
    - New hero Gryphon Rider (Human - Agility)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Balance changes.
    - A lot of changes to items and heroes.
    - Multiple teleports to the same Tower, Gold Mine has better clustering.
    - Masteries and Enchantments changed costs.
    - Refine abilities gives Magic Immunity to Guards.

Attached Files:

2. Ronaldomaq

Ronaldomaq

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant play 2.6 and idk why =(
    also whats "SD only" stands for?

wc3 version 1.30.2

halp

amazing map :D

edit: map doesnt show on client

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  3. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry but i'm using the latest version of warcraft editor (1.32) to save it, so that is why you can't play in older versions.
    And the SD Only is because i forced the map to run with the Classic graphics in Reforged (until the official editor get some updates for coding).

4. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, this is the last version of the map i really enjoyed developing it, but now i need to face up another things on my life.
    I will make some patches for bugs or balance if is required but there will be no new things.

The map is unprotected, you can see how some abilities or the AI are coded, but WARNING the code is messy (
    I'm only supposed to understand it :p).

Regards.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tell us if you plan to make it open source.

6. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought the "Unprotected" means Open Source, anyway go ahead.

For anyone that wants to continue developing the map tell me, so i can help him to understand things inside the map.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm asking because we now have a new map tag called Open Source. Just added it to your map thread.

8. Otherknownoise

Otherknownoise

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  9. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    unfortunately i cant see the images idk why... reupload the image please.

10. Otherknownoise

Otherknownoise

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about now?
    QQ截图20200613171833.png QQ截图20200613172423.png

11. Otherknownoise

Otherknownoise

Resources:
    Resources:
    I almost forget that when he has anti-magic shield his meat hook triggers the shield and result nothing happened.

12. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The first bug fixed.
    The second bug is because i use some function to pause the units with the latest patch, but in this open source version i'm not using that so you can use all heroes at the end.

Ok, the spell is correctly denied but the hero is still channeling the ability, so its an easy fix.

Thanks for all the reports.

I will upload the fixed version.

13. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Open Source my ass ! And I have version 1.27 so I can't even play it.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If the map was saved with 1.29 of course you won't be loading it with the editor in 1.27...

15. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ok then, I apologise ! I thought it was protected. Could someone upload a 1.27 version please ?

16. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im using natives from 1.29 so, its impossible to open this map on versions lower than 1.29 :c

17. Havanen

Havanen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there Manuel! I recently found out your map and really like this unique AoS style map. I seem to have found a problem with the latest patch, it seem the details about the ability upgrades of Q-W-E skills are not showing when i hover on them instead they only say "Upgrade the ability x of the hero". I still don't know if the issue is with the map or with my patch version (I am using patch 1.29.2 btw). I hope you can check on this later. Thank you again. :)

18. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The problem is the game version, this map can be played on 1.29 but the abilities that have dynamic tooltips are broken because blizzard changed the way that the function to change the tooltip works.
    So, the tooltips are supposed to work well in 1.30+ patch.
    You can download 1.31 from the hive (i remember seeing a thread somewhere) or if you have knowledge about coding you can fix this on your own (the map is unprotected) if not then contact me via pm.

Thanks for playing :).

19. Jahjahbinks

Jahjahbinks

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I started playing Wc3 again, after a good decade break, this was one of the first custom games I joined. "Wow, maps have gotten really great!" I thought. Fast forward months, I've never been able to find someone else hosting this or get enough to join when i host. I do play later in the day US West hours, which is the worst time to play any online game (worst playerbase and small numbers). Really fun aos, the ai is pretty mean too

20. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I used to host the map in pre reforged patches and i played games 3vs3 5vs5, but now with reforged the player base has reduced a lot and the crossed realms has been removed, so the chance for the map to being hosted is minimal, also the AoS maps aren't really popular on the community, that is why i decided to code the AI almost from the beginning.
    And i'm happy that you like the map, i'm working on a new version, but so slowly, thanks for playing :D.