• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoldCoinBuffSmallV.015 + GoldCoinBuffLargeV.015

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In my map, Mur'locs aim to obtain much treasure, so doing my thorough investigation work I noticed 2 different special effects by blizzard inside the ''Frozen Throne'' and the ''Patch'' MPQ's that are used as ''gold'' spell effects, one is called ''goldcredit'' which is used when ever you obtain a gold coin item, shows 3 gold coins flipping around in the air and vanishing as they fall. The other one is called ''Transmute/GoldBottleMissile'' which creates about 25 or 30 gold coins that also flip around in the air and vanish.

I edited both of these effects to be UV wrapped to the PotOfGold texture, so they resemble the item of the gold coin, I also changed the ''white star'' texture to ''yellow star dim'' and changed both the Large and Small effects material layers to be additive instead of ''Add-Alpha'' which makes the coins, and the stars them selves, much much brighter, finally I messed with the particles some more.

there are 2 for a reason, each is actually based off a different spell effect, but I did my best to make them both match each other in shape and color, people will say this spell effect was fine as it was in game, but I didn't like them as much as mine when compared side by side, if you have your gold coin items as ''1 gold coin'' then the small effect will do you just fine, if how ever your ''1000 gold coins'' reward effect just seems too weak, try out the large one.

a more simpler edit, a nice one though I think. and yes for those of you who want this re-uv wrapped on that ''pirate coin'' texture it does indeed look quite nice rigged to it, but I won't be uploading that one =)

for those of you who think this could look cool UV wrapped to those silver and copper coin textures are also correct, it does indeed look very nice

give credits and what not, not too important, all I ask is a mur'loc bearing my name somewhere obscure in you're map named ''kellym0: god of the murlocs'' and enjoy this model all you like, and feel free to alter it in any ways you see fit.

Update 1: changed screen shot
Update 2: some reason a material layer hadn't changed to yellow star dim, was instead just ''white star'' so I fixed that.
Update 3: changed some textures from yellow star dim to yellow star, then modded some bones that where shrinking the stars too much on the small effect. the versions you should now have are GoldCoinBuffSmallV.015 and GoldCoinBuffLargeV.015

Keywords:
Gold Coin, Treasure, Buff, Spell Effect, Transmute, Enron, The Electronic Fake Gold Of The Stock Market, Will Bring Hardship to Us All
Contents

GoldCoinBuffSmallV.015 + GoldCoinBuffLargeV.015 (Model)

GoldCoinBuffSmallV.015 + GoldCoinBuffLargeV.015 (Model)

Reviews
10:52, 11th Jul 2015 MiniMage: Set to needs fix as the author stated he would upload it later. So I'll let you do that when you get to it and set it to needs fix in the meantime.

M

10:52, 11th Jul 2015
MiniMage: Set to needs fix as the author stated he would upload it later. So I'll let you do that when you get to it and set it to needs fix in the meantime.

thank you Paillan glad you liked it, its much prettier in game trust me. they actually were harder to make then you may think, not too simple I hope. I made them brighter during night and day on purpose, to match the item coin model. everything was about matching that coin model, the texture, geoset animation color, and wrap.

thank you DragunovCh glad you liked it, I actually don't know how to make Gifs, though if some body's willing to help me, id love to make a gif on all of my models uploads, im sure people could appreciate that, but sadly I don't know how.

thank you Paillan glad you liked it, its much prettier in game trust me. they actually were harder to make then you may think, not too simple I hope. I made them brighter during night and day on purpose, to match the item coin model. everything was about matching that coin model, the texture, geoset animation color, and wrap.

thank you DragunovCh glad you liked it, I actually don't know how to make Gifs, though if some body's willing to help me, id love to make a gif on all of my models uploads, im sure people could appreciate that, but sadly I don't know how.

You don't need to make GIFs. Users can just click "View in 3D". Upper Right