• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GOLDCoin_Lordaeron

I figured that there should be currency for the Nation of Lordaeron, so here is something for the Gold Coins Item. Part of me is into antique coins, and the vine-like curving fashion fits perfectly with the Lordaeron crescent.
Both the skin and even the model of the coin are on there (the latter is flattened by 75%, so it looks like a real coin), but for those who are interested in only the skin, the path is below.
Don't worry about the abnormal circle in the thumbnail. I needed a way to perfect the way I stretch the skin and cover ground on Mdlvis.
I've done my best to match the gold and brownness from this reference. If anyone here wants to perfect the skin, go nuts (and of course, give me credits).
Credits ado to Blizzard for the Original resources.
Previews
Contents

GOLDCoin_Lordaeron (Texture)

PotofGold_Lordaeron (Model)

Reviews
Footman16
I'm just going to pretty much copy my review from the Gilneas coin for this one, these look great and transform the gold coin into a very thematically fitting object for any Lordaeron themed map or project. The icon seems clear and the final effect...
I like it but it's not working in my map, both in the editor and in game. Which is odd cos the texture shows up fine in the Warcraft 3 Viewer when mapped onto the original gold coin model
That actually happens to be sometimes. You must go to the Import Manager, hover your cursor/pointer over the file name, right-click, and replace the file. You can use the original file again to replace the copy within the Import Manager. It always works.
If not, then that's likely a patch. I use 1.26, and everything works well.
Give it a shot.

Level 8
I did
That actually happens to be sometimes. You must go to the Import Manager, hover your cursor/pointer over the file name, right-click, and replace the file. You can use the original file again to replace the copy within the Import Manager. It always works.
If not, then that's likely a patch. I use 1.26, and everything works well.
Give it a shot.
I did, but sadly that didn’t work. I tried downloading the files again and that didn’t work either. I’m using patch 1.27, so maybe that’s it.

I hope there is a way to get it to work for that since it’s very fitting for my current map. Would you mind if I copied the image and attempted to save it as a new texture? It might work for me that way. I’ve gotten skins to work before like that. Either way, good job on it.

Would you mind if I copied the image and attempted to save it as a new texture? It might work for me that way. I’ve gotten skins to work before like that.
Absolutely! You do whatever it takes to use the skin.
I find that doing so with corrupted BETA skins also helps save the artwork from being lost in time.

I'm just going to pretty much copy my review from the Gilneas coin for this one, these look great and transform the gold coin into a very thematically fitting object for any Lordaeron themed map or project. The icon seems clear and the final effect looks good in-game. The variations are also welcome and fitting for people's different needs. Therefore I see no reason why this shouldn't be approved as it also fulfils the rules.