• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mine that yields Lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
It's that time of year folks!

Santa.jpg

ThE tImE wHen EvErYtHiNg GoEs JuSt rIgHt

That time of year when HerrDave needs help scripting something that is simple in his head and is like-- friggin' impossible for the Wc3 Engine.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Warning

This request is not for the faint of heart.
If you are prone to dying when shot, this request might not be for you.

Side-effects include: dry-mouth, shaky hands, watery eyes, headache, back pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hunchback, deflated tires, the loss of leap-day, depression, anxiety, anger, despair, electric shock, snakes coming out of the floor, ants, lots and lots of ants, smaller penis, snapping turtles, and death.

This request is not for everyone, contact your doctor before taking it on.

This info was provided by the BHDWAY.
(Beauro of HerrDave did the math and is actually worried that this will upset your brain.)

__________________________________________________________________________________

I've uploaded a picture for easy comprehension of what I'm trying to get up and running, but for those of you who like to read instead, God help us here we go.

I need two player-built goldmines.
- One produces Gold
- One produces Lumber
- The mines need to be built over specific resource nodes
- Resource nodes are like unhaunted goldmines that cannot be mined, even by regular peasants
And do you want to know the FuN paRt?
- Cannot be built on the same type of resource node (Ore Pile / Well)
- Mines cannot be destructibles
- Must not be usable by enemy workers
- Must be built human worker style
- Must have an infinite supply of wood/gold while being mined
- If destroyed, the resource node underneath must respawn to allow other units to "claim" the node

system1-png.320090

If you've ever played World of Warcraft for the "Insanity" achievement title, or if Dark Souls relaxes you - this might be a nice way to carry on the tradition of suffering in the name of completionism.

Level 65
Good news!

A Void actually made it work, and as best as I can tell - he's the first guy in the Hive's history of coding who has successfully done it

There's a fair chance he'll be uploading it as well as instructions on how to implement it

If not, it can be found in my map - which will be unprotected
(I want people to learn from maps and improve on them, not simply look and not touch)

Status
Not open for further replies.