• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gold mine issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My issue is simply this, I'm trying to make it so two races can use a haunted gold mine type. I left the undead using the haunted gold mine as normal but I am also trying to make it so the humans can use a version of a haunted gold mine as well. The human version is a mechanical gold mine that only requires one operator instead of 5 like the undead.

So far I've been able to set this up on my own created its own abilities such as mechanical goldmine ability and harvest (peasant) ability. Ever ything is set just like it's supposed to be, but ingame whenever I create the mine it claims it has zero gold and my peasents cannot use it because it says I must haunt a gold mine first.

Where am I going wrong?

Level 12
Some funny undead stuff only works when unit's race is undead.Maybe this is something like that.

Level 2
Adding the goldmine ability only turned into a regular gold mine I am wanting the new goldmine to be built on top of the original gold mine much like the undead do with their haunting. I have tried copying the Haunted gold mine and the gather acolyte ability and I renamed them and set the race to human I made sure that the human peasent had its classifications set to worker ,undead, and even machanical just to be safe. So far all of my attempts are in vain. But you were correct setting the goldmine to gold mine ability: allowed it to actually have gold but it still wasn't a haunted gold mine in my peasents could not use it because it was not haunted.

Level 18
I don't get if you want the units to stay outside the hunted mine while gathering gold,
or if you want them to go inside the haunted mine and bring resources back to the townhall

if you want the first one, there are the acolytes already, you could just copy their abilities

If you want the second one, juse create a new haunted goldmine unit, give it the goldmine ability ability, and give the worker the standard human gather gold/wood (have done this myself)

Level 2
What I was trying to indicate to you is that if you put the goldmine ability on to a regular gold mine or any other heart of gold mine it will just make that gold mine a regular gold mine.

Which does not stop the workers from going into any regular gold mine like they normally would.

But yes what I would like is for them to stay outside like the Acolytes, the only problem is I did copy the acolyte ability and copy the hunted goldmine ability to turn them into human race and for some reason whenever I try to use them in game hey claims that they cannot go into the gold mine until it is haunted, but the goldmine shows up with zero gold.

the goldmine and the Acolytes are an exact copy of the undead versions they are just transfer to human race they just don't seem to want to work.

Level 18
in that case you need the worker to be set as undead race
This way the worker will gather gold the same way the acolyte do
But the problem with setting the worker to undead, is that the buildings will not be built, but summoned (like undead buildings)

Level 2
@z.ky: thank you I will try that and it has its own build animation so It wont go off the undead.

@WerbackIII: I didn't wish to try an entangled gold mine because I didn't want the villager to appear as if he's halfway in the goldmine. The gold mine is a mechanical goldmine model with a giant drill, I found the model the hive workshop.

I originally had it set up where it had one worker attached to it like the acolyte and instead of runes on the ground it used the reinforcement effect from the orcs appearing as if a cage were over the user of the mine. All together it looked really good and it looked like the villager was operating the drill.

I just ran into those issues otherwise I would have been golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.