1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

gold mine issues

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Luprius21, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Luprius21

Luprius21

Resources:
    Resources:
    My issue is simply this, I'm trying to make it so two races can use a haunted gold mine type. I left the undead using the haunted gold mine as normal but I am also trying to make it so the humans can use a version of a haunted gold mine as well. The human version is a mechanical gold mine that only requires one operator instead of 5 like the undead.

So far I've been able to set this up on my own created its own abilities such as mechanical goldmine ability and harvest (peasant) ability. Ever ything is set just like it's supposed to be, but ingame whenever I create the mine it claims it has zero gold and my peasents cannot use it because it says I must haunt a gold mine first.

Where am I going wrong?

2. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you havr to remove the "hunted gold mine ability" ability from your mine, and add the "gold mine ability" instead, this should work

3. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some funny undead stuff only works when unit's race is undead.Maybe this is something like that.

4. Luprius21

Luprius21

Resources:
    Resources:
    Adding the goldmine ability only turned into a regular gold mine I am wanting the new goldmine to be built on top of the original gold mine much like the undead do with their haunting. I have tried copying the Haunted gold mine and the gather acolyte ability and I renamed them and set the race to human I made sure that the human peasent had its classifications set to worker ,undead, and even machanical just to be safe. So far all of my attempts are in vain. But you were correct setting the goldmine to gold mine ability: allowed it to actually have gold but it still wasn't a haunted gold mine in my peasents could not use it because it was not haunted.

5. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't get if you want the units to stay outside the hunted mine while gathering gold,
    or if you want them to go inside the haunted mine and bring resources back to the townhall

if you want the first one, there are the acolytes already, you could just copy their abilities

If you want the second one, juse create a new haunted goldmine unit, give it the goldmine ability ability, and give the worker the standard human gather gold/wood (have done this myself)

6. Luprius21

Luprius21

Resources:
    Resources:
    What I was trying to indicate to you is that if you put the goldmine ability on to a regular gold mine or any other heart of gold mine it will just make that gold mine a regular gold mine.

Which does not stop the workers from going into any regular gold mine like they normally would.

But yes what I would like is for them to stay outside like the Acolytes, the only problem is I did copy the acolyte ability and copy the hunted goldmine ability to turn them into human race and for some reason whenever I try to use them in game hey claims that they cannot go into the gold mine until it is haunted, but the goldmine shows up with zero gold.

the goldmine and the Acolytes are an exact copy of the undead versions they are just transfer to human race they just don't seem to want to work.

7. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    in that case you need the worker to be set as undead race
    This way the worker will gather gold the same way the acolyte do
    But the problem with setting the worker to undead, is that the buildings will not be built, but summoned (like undead buildings)

8. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you tried basing it on the entangled gold mine?

9. Luprius21

Luprius21

Resources:
    Resources:
    @z.ky: thank you I will try that and it has its own build animation so It wont go off the undead.

@WerbackIII: I didn't wish to try an entangled gold mine because I didn't want the villager to appear as if he's halfway in the goldmine. The gold mine is a mechanical goldmine model with a giant drill, I found the model the hive workshop.

I originally had it set up where it had one worker attached to it like the acolyte and instead of runes on the ground it used the reinforcement effect from the orcs appearing as if a cage were over the user of the mine. All together it looked really good and it looked like the villager was operating the drill.

I just ran into those issues otherwise I would have been golden!

10. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Base it on the entangled gold mine, change the race to human, put it in the peon’s build list, remove the „gold mine” ability, give it a modified „orc burrow“, and fix it through triggers.

Should work now, no?

11. Luprius21

Luprius21

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sure it probably would have side from the fact that I don't know how to use triggers :p