• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gold & lumber icons size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i need to know what size use for those icons, i created one but when load the map it just crash...

and, i need to know where can i found the original interface icons\images and "frame", im trying to create a whole new custom interface (changing the "frame" and UI too).

edit: problem almost solved. i found the original icon (using war3viewer) and the user interface images, so i exported and figure out the size is 32x32. now i need some info about the interface... browsing the images i discovered there's some =(or almost =, part of one appears on others) images... if i edit one part of the interface (lets suppose the "human logo" on the side of the hero info *lvl's, stats, etc) i need to edit the other images then it appears?

if i edit that part, will appears on the others users interface ingame (or just me?)?

an HIGH IMPORTANCE question now, how can i found (to extract) icons of the maps? im not finding... i looked on and the icon and shows as "Art - Interface: BTNIcon.blp", where can i found to extract?
i thought then can use the war3viewer but it only extract from mpq files, can i convert w3x to mpq or some similar thing to catch the icons?

thank you for read, sorry about the english, isnt so good. o/

Last edited:
Level 32
The interface icons are located in:
Code:
UI\Feedback\Resources\ResourceSupply.blp
UI\Feedback\Resources\ResourceGold.blp

(Look in the Custom Game Interface to find the other paths.)

Using Warcraft III Viewer, it's possible to extract the files, convert them to images, edit them with PhotoShop (or whatever) then reconvert and import the edited versions into your map.

To extract icons in general, also use Warcraft III Viewer.

1. Open the program.
  2. Open war3.mpq or war3patch.mpq.
  3. Select View > Find in MPQ
  4. Input the icon name (or the path copied from WE's Object Editor window).
  5. Double click the displayed file(s) to open.
  6. Select Current File > Extract (And Convert) BLP
  7. Save the file as the desired image type.

Level 3
i think we had a lil' misunderstanding. im trying to extract a custom icon from a map, this icon just dont appear on war3.mpq, war3x.mpq, War3Patch.mpq or any other.

any ideas? :~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.