• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editing Gold, Lumber, Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all I wasn't really sure how to do this so I just went into gameplay interface under advanced. I have my icons for Gold, Lumber, Food and I have one for the gold mine on the minimap, they look fine and when i get them into image extracter 2 it can see them, then I extract them as .blp and import them and simply change the Gold, Lumber, Foog and Gold Mine directory under the advanced game interface option. I'm assuming this isn't the way to do it considering it didnt work :p.... I was wondering if anyone could instruct me because they just show up blank in game and yes I have restarted the map editer and so forth. Also when I do an extended tooltip for food and lumber it cuts it off after the first line. However it doesn't do this with the gold tooltip. Can anyone instruct me on how to rectify this also?

Any help would be appreciated. Ty.

Level 5
The way I'd go about dealing with the pictures is to import your own custom pictures. Then, go into the custom interface and change what you want the picture to be.

As for the text descriptions, I've found that some of them complain if you try to put in commas or other "reserved" text characters that may have special coding already associated with them. I know this is the case when you try to change the description of attack/armor types, but am not entirely sure if such is the same with gold/lumber/food descriptions.

Worth a try though.

Level 2
Yeah, you were right, it was because I had commas in the tooltip thingo :) thanks mate. But I still can't work out how to import these pics, they don't actually show up in the editer, they just look like blank spaces. Yet they show up in the image extracter and in photoshop >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.